Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : (As if any of them are hard...) (What is the hardest room in Level 1?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
What is the hardest room in Level 1?
1N
1N1W
2N1W
3N2W
4N2W
4N1W
5N1W
5N2W
6N2W
6N1W
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
IP: Logged
icon (As if any of them are hard...) (0)  
OK, I only included rooms that you actually have to do *something* in. This is the first in a series of 25 polls that will examine each level separately to determine the most difficult rooms in each level, relative *only* to that level itself. If you have not completed the level, do not answer until you complete the level...but then again, almost everyone has completed level 1, or will in 10 minutes :)

Sam
04-07-2004 at 04:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: (As if any of them are hard...) (+1)  
This is a rather silly poll - for one where the results may be harder to predict, maybe ask what is the easiest room on level 1?

04-07-2004 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: (As if any of them are hard...) (0)  
There are easy rooms on level 1? I'm still stuck on it! Can't get past 1N. Can anyone help me get past that yellow looking thing? Is the circle part of it? I can't get to it!

04-07-2004 at 04:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
LOL :) The point is that eventually there will be a poll for all 25 levels...had to start somewhere, so why not with level 1? :) I agree, it is kind of silly at this point, but it is for completeness.

Sam
04-07-2004 at 03:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
I think that this could be pretty fun to do 25 polls on this.

I vote for the "First Slightly Hard Room".

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
04-07-2004 at 05:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
butsam wrote:
LOL :) The point is that eventually there will be a poll for all 25 levels...had to start somewhere, so why not with level 1? :) I agree, it is kind of silly at this point, but it is for completeness.

Sam
I'm sorry for having to say this, but I think placing 25 polls on this board, one for each level of Dugan's, just to get an idea of what the "hardest" room is in each (which I have already said is silly anyway), is a tad unnecessary. Why can't you just discuss it in one single thread than spread it out over 25? I think it may get a bit swamping for the board, and is perhaps overdoing it quite a lot.

I appreciate that you want a poll for each room, but I think 25 on the same topic is far too many for one board.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 04-07-2004 at 05:46 PM GMT]

04-07-2004 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
If they're done at reasonable intervals, say one per week, I don't think it would be that bad.

04-07-2004 at 06:56 PM
agaricus5
Well, it is, because even if polls are posted about once a week, there's a good likelihood someone will reply to them for discussion and if you have a look at the top page of the board, the last posts range from now to about 5 weeks back, so if we use this information to estimate, we'll have around 6 or 7 of them on the top page, then add on this one and the other one entitled "Most Difficult Room On Each Level".

I don't wish to be/appear a spoilsport or some sort of controller/moderator (I can't anyway, since I don't have any power except my voice), but I really do think 25 polls, or even 24 if you leave out L13, is still too much and is excessive. Why not go and look at the older thread(s) which address this very task, (There a link to one in this thread:
http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=2771) and add on discussion from there?

[Edited by agaricus5 on 04-07-2004 at 06:09 PM GMT]

04-07-2004 at 07:08 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
I've been meaning to add the ability to have multiple questions in one poll. This would be a HUGE poll, but it would be a perfect use for that feature.

04-07-2004 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
agaricus5
Schik wrote:
I've been meaning to add the ability to have multiple questions in one poll. This would be a HUGE poll, but it would be a perfect use for that feature.
Wow... a poll that's about at least 150 options long. That would be really cool to see. I approve this implementation. :)

04-07-2004 at 07:22 PM
The_Red_Hawk
This is a great idea that I would have found useful many times. However, you could just have one huge poll including every room in Dugan's and ask people to select one per level.

04-08-2004 at 06:58 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : (As if any of them are hard...) (What is the hardest room in Level 1?) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com