Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : I was wondering...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
IP: Logged

File: MyScores[1].txt (121.7 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
icon I was wondering... (0)  
...if anyone could give me the installer for JTRH

Here's proof that I owned it:
1. I have exported my high scores into a text file which is attached, at the very bottom, you can see JTRH highscores
2. I remember the following places:
A place where Beethro had to use a portable orb and there were rocks blocking a staircase
A level where the slayer was trying to kill you in front of some citizens
The first rock golem level where in the end staircase the slayer was there
The wubba level in iceworks where in the end Halph goes down a different staircase
A level that looked like outside in deep spaces where one of the rooms was a spiral paved with trapdoors and evil eyes on the sides
A circular room with evil eyes everywhere and the mothingness was talking to Beethro
Another level outside where the slayer was blocking the end staircase and you have to drop the blue door to access an invisibility potion
A level (I think 10th or 11th) where 1 north shows or introduces a tar technician

Basically I remembered playing full version about a year ago asking for help on the forums, but I moved here to the Philippines and forgot to bring it over. Luckily, Matt, the dude with the Shaman King avatar, got me back TCB and i've been awaiting his reply for about more than a week now.

I also had KDD but I have no highscores proof and all I remember was a warp room, a level with eveil eyes on the sides of paths and a whole level filled with "Trap the roaches behind open yellow doors, strike an orb to close it, then break the now accessible crumbly wall to kill them", but this one isn't as important to me as JTRH

It would be a great birthday present (January 3) if I could get it back. Also some misc. info: I was one of the people about a year ago who made an attempt to recreate LOZ:OOT on DROD

Thanks for reading...if you did

-Vinheim
01-02-2008 at 10:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: I was wondering... (0)  
I'd suggest emailing support@caravelgames.com and giving them the relevant details about your purchase (say, the name of the buyer). If you've purchased the game elsewhere than at Plimus, I'm not sure if you should contact CaravelGames or the reseller directly... in any event, support seems your best bet, and they should be able to work out something. I *could* give you my JtRH installer, sure, but I'm not exactly the relevant authority in the matter.

As for KDD, I suspect you've played KDD 1.0, and not the 2.0 version with voices and secrets. KDD 2.0 is a Smitemaster's Selection that was available with CaravelNet, back in the days, but you don't seem to have had a CaravelNet account (if you had one, it'd make recovering JtRH a lot easier). KDD 1.0 can be downloaded from here, and you can play the hold in all its glory in the demo versions of JtRH or TCB.
01-02-2008 at 10:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Alneyan wrote:
As for KDD, I suspect you've played KDD 1.0, and not the 2.0 version with voices and secrets. KDD 2.0 is a Smitemaster's Selection that was available with CaravelNet, back in the days, but you don't seem to have had a CaravelNet account (if you had one, it'd make recovering JtRH a lot easier).
*cough*

It's not *only* available as an SmS... :)

01-02-2008 at 11:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vinheim
Problems:
1. I've already contacted support@...
2. I remember having KDD 2.0 with "The consequence" or "The choice" or "The something beginning with C" so I pretty much had KDD with the level editor from JTRH, I just cant find my highscores or was too stupid to make a caravel account before the membership ran out. But really, KDD isn't as important to me as JTRH

So if anyone could PM it, that would be great

EDIT: Following your hyperlink blue thingy, I see it was "The Choice" Just noting, btw the first monster room was killer back in the newbie days, so much tar and mud, I hate them both, but in a good, crazy, weird sense, also same sense with gel

EDIT SIDE NOTE: Its night here in the Philippines and I guess it was advanced birthday luck or christmas luck that got me from Holding Vats to Frozen Depths in one day (though I did wake up at 2am, I'm kind of an addict to this game), woo!

[Last edited by vinheim at 01-02-2008 11:09 AM]
01-02-2008 at 11:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1233
icon Re: I was wondering... (+1)  
vinheim wrote:
Problems:
1. I've already contacted support@...

Haven't you got a reply from Erik, Mike or Matt? Remember to give them some business days to respond. Also, have you checked your spam folder? Another option would be to contact Erik directly at erikh@caravelgames.com. And if you lost your purchase information there is no need to worry. Just e-mail Erik with your full name and e-mail adress.
01-02-2008 at 11:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
vinheim
I've posted to Matt but I think hes very busy since he hasn't replied for a long time, I'll email Erik, but I am unsure which email purchased it as I removed all old email. It only three email addresses so I guess it i'll just send them all. Thanks guys!
01-02-2008 at 11:34 AM
Anson
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
Also, you cannot Pm files.
If we E-mailed you the setup, Halph would say "Not possible" cos' It would be too much data and MB,GB OR KB.
Also, a freind could have told you that.
Slimm tom is also right, you should check your spam folder too.
Plus E-Mails dont send and arrive in one quick snap.
As Some people dont live near you.

I also suggest just waiting till' ye get home, you can wait to play JTRH?

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.
Click here to view the secret text

01-02-2008 at 11:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vinheim
Actually I Pm'ed Matt 2 weeks ago. I can wait... longer, but my problem is fixed, i've emailed Erik and awaiting a reply
01-02-2008 at 11:44 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: I was wondering... (+2)  
You shouldn't just email one person, the support@caravelgames.com address goes to multiple people so whoever is available should be able to help.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-02-2008 at 01:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vinheim
Sorry I had to bump this topic up, but I have received no replies so far from support or Erik, I think its a problem with my yahoo email or something, so I was wondering if someone could just send it to vinheim3@hotmail.co.uk. I'm desperate to play this again
01-04-2008 at 10:28 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : I was wondering...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com