Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Intro Demos
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Intro Demos (0)  
I'm certain I've read a thread on this before, but I can't find it.

If you start DROD and then leave it for a little bit, demos start playing. How do I add some of my own demos to the ones that play?

I remember it had something to do with exporting it, then changing the name to something including a sequence number, and sticking it in a specific directory.

[Edited by DiMono on 12-14-2003 at 03:45 PM GMT]

12-14-2003 at 03:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Intro Demos (0)  
Well, the game automatically records several of Dugan's rooms and uses them as demos, and in some holds like Claythro Tower the architect got it to work for everyone too. In "Settings" there is a menu to record demos every time you conquer a room, and you get that by pressing F6 (or F-something) in a room, and the menu will appear with the demos. However, I don't know how to add them to the sequence that automatically plays.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-14-2003 at 04:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Play through a hold that you created. In any room press F6 as if you were going to watch your demos. In the upper right section there will now be a box which you can check in order to play a demo from there at the main menu.

So, you actually need to play through your hold in order to play demos from it. :D

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-14-2003 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I believe only the hold author has the ability to add demos to the intro screen.
12-14-2003 at 11:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Yes, that is indeed true.

Oneiromancer wrote:
Play through a hold that you created.

:D

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-15-2003 at 12:30 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5064
Yes, exactly. Exporting your hold after marking certain recorded demos for display from the title screen will cause those demos to be exported along with your hold. Then anyone that downloads your hold will see them from the title screen. Please note that selected demos from a hold will only play if it is the currently selected hold (on the "Where" screen). The same goes for Dugan's Dungeon.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-15-2003 at 06:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
I'm actually talking about Dugan's, like the rectangle room in level 15, so I can just watch the demo from the title screen to be reminded how cool I am.

12-15-2003 at 07:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
You'd probably have to make a copy of your own and play from there...just beating it doesn't confer demo rights.

Game on,

12-15-2003 at 08:14 AM
DiMono
Except I'm certain that I read somewhere something like:

Record your demo and export it
Change it to something14.demo where 14 is whatever number in sequence you want it to play and 'something' is some identifying string
Make sure you go in sequence, or weird things will happen

12-15-2003 at 08:32 AM
Oneiromancer
I don't remember that at all...perhaps it was for Webfoot? There are no separate demo files now, they are all incorporated into the dat files.

Game on,

12-15-2003 at 08:36 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Thats webfoot yeah. Incedently why is there webfoot information on the site?
12-15-2003 at 09:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
It was in an old forum post, not in a main site page. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

12-15-2003 at 09:08 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Because if we don't have them, no-one else will.

There are some people still out there with Webfoot. Anything that's Webfoot only we'll clearly mark, but it's not so much a priority.

This is one of the reasons I shuffled the main download page.

Matt

12-15-2003 at 12:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Intro Demos
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com