Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Dugan's Dungeon Revisited (Early floors of Dugan's Dungeon with a twist!)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.3/10 (43 votes)
σ 1.78
Author Name:Mike Rimer
Submitted By:mrimer
Hold Name:Dugan\'s Dungeon Revisited
Theme:Early floors of Dugan\'s Dungeon with a twist!
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:56
Number of Monsters:683
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:4 (+4 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Dugans Dungeon Revisited.hold (18.7 KB)
Downloaded 14307 times.
License: Other
icon Dugan's Dungeon Revisited  
New puzzles in old places. But nothing is what it seems, so watch your back! (Can you find all six levels?)
11-18-2003 at 06:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Dugan's Dungeon Revisited (0)  
I don't remember this hold that well, it's been a while - but I'm pretty sure it wasn't easier than Dugan's Dungeon...

11-18-2003 at 06:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Well, that's what the ratings bars are for - it was definitely more difficult than Dugan's, although shorter.

Matt

11-18-2003 at 08:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
sims5000
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 117
Level 4 goes to level 4 :?
01-05-2004 at 10:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
It's a bug, and we think we've tracked it down. Look for a patch soon.

Matt

01-05-2004 at 10:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
What are those /es in the middle of the hold name for?

How does it happen?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-05-2004 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
\\ is the escape character for parsing the script that uploads the hold. They're trying to escape the single quote when they don't have to.

Level 11 was mean. And I guess we should both feel flattered that we used some of the same puzzles in our holds. All of which just goes to prove it's true what people say: great minds do think alike :thumbsup

And I really liked your reinterpretation of the third level. Freaked me out and stuff.

01-06-2004 at 07:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000
This has to be my faviriote hold :glasses
01-16-2004 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000
icon Re: Dugan's Dungeon Revisited (+1)  
my faviriote room

well thought out :thumbsup
01-17-2004 at 08:53 AM
Egon
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
I need some hints for the "impossible" rooms on level 3.
01-19-2004 at 03:43 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
There are some hints in the thread for this hold in the Architecture forum. However, just to cut to the chase...

Click here to view the secret text

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-19-2004 at 04:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
I have another hint for the impossible rooms:

01-19-2004 at 05:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000
the way to do 1N

01-20-2004 at 08:02 PM
Mattcrampy
Heck, I can't get past the river. Always get stuck in the middle.

But I enjoy every minute of it. Well done, that man.

Matt

01-25-2004 at 12:39 PM
DiMono
Matt, just remember how you get past real trolls on bridges: kick them in the nuts and run on past them, then find a place to hide before they murder you.

01-26-2004 at 03:29 AM
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
And I'm stuck on this room (Downward Descent 1S). How do you do it?

[Edited by masonjason on 01-30-2004 at 10:00 PM GMT]

01-30-2004 at 09:59 PM
Oneiromancer
This room's a toughy. I finally beat it again recently, had a nice demo, and now all my demos are corrupted. I think the best thing I can do is point you to the old post on the Architecture forum, where this room was discussed many times. You probably have some idea on how to do it, but tried it and thought it wasn't possible. It is possible, just hard and "random".

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=1211

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-30-2004 at 10:09 PM
masonjason
Thanks for the help; I just completed it. For the record, I killed the snake at the point labelled 1 on this map and

01-30-2004 at 10:34 PM
AgentIcarus
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
Quick query:

Do I need to kill the snake in the tar room (1S on Downward Descent)? If not, I'm missing a room somewhere as the blue door isn't open - and I've just scoured the rooms with my sword looking for breakable bits.

The snake puzzle appears essentially random to me.

Any help appreciated.

02-05-2004 at 09:44 AM
Oneiromancer
All I can tell you is to look at the three posts above yours...masonjason had the same problem, I directed him to another message which had some hints, and then he supplied a hint of his own. This room is annoying enough that I'd supply a demo if you e-mailed me...except I don't have demos anymore after a random crash. :( So if all those hints don't help, I think that this room is demo-worthy.

Game on,

02-05-2004 at 04:36 PM
lanark
Rank Points: 14
I give up
This hold begin truly fun and delightful difficult, but Downward Descent 1S is only boring and frustrating... it's no fun anymore.
I really like the idea of a twisted Dugan's, but this room is not a twisted anything, is a real pain. Everyone at the Architecture forum says it is "random" and a luck matter. I don't want luck, I want to THINK.

I really WANT to continue with this hold, but with great sad I must say goodbay.

I'll forward for more regarding holds. Sorry.

Regards!

03-12-2004 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
I could swear I've read that exact post before. Did you delete it and repost it?

03-12-2004 at 09:54 PM
lanark
Rank Points: 14
Yes, I've post it into the Architecture forum and then have think that this is a more appropriate place, so I deleted there and post here.
Sorry if this is any inconvenience or contravention to the forums rules. If I infringe some, my apologies.

Regards!

03-13-2004 at 10:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5054
Woah, has DDR been given the (dubious) honor of being labelled "the hold everyone plays in hell?" Is this a good or a bad thing? You know, like when you say something's "bad" you really mean it's good?

[Edited by mrimer on 05-20-2004 at 06:50 PM GMT]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-29-2004 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
Rank Points: 179
That's quite funny... I'm not sure if you were entirely serious, but DDR also refers to an evil game known as "Dance Dance Revolution" where people have to push buttons on a big dance-mat with their feet in accordance to the rhythm. Which I do believe is what is most popular in hell. As for your hold I still have yet to play it... ACK! there's TOO many holds out there!

03-29-2004 at 09:04 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
I think that labelling this hold as DDR could be misconstrued - perhaps an alternative abbreviation would be better?

[Edited by krammer on 03-30-2004 at 05:40 PM GMT]

"Oook!"
03-30-2004 at 06:39 PM
masonjason
Yes, I did mean Dance Dance Revolution. Which I play a lot, even when I'm not in hell. Even those with an antipathy towards dancing should try it. It's great fun.

03-31-2004 at 07:50 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5054

File: DDR Downward Descent 1S Victory.demo (705 bytes)
Downloaded 179 times.
icon Dugan's Dungeon Revisited - rev 2 (0)  
I've polished a couple things up in Level 1 and Downward Descent. Most notably, the River of Roaches needed a small tweak to be beatable with the newer roach hatching rule. And, by popular demand, I've attached a victory demo for Downward Descent, 1S.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-20-2004 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39

File: DDR First Level 2N1E Victory.demo (2.3 KB)
Downloaded 126 times.
icon Re: Dugan's Dungeon Revisited - rev 2 (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
I've polished a couple things up in Level 1 and Downward Descent. Most notably, the River of Roaches needed a small tweak to be beatable with the newer roach hatching rule. And, by popular demand, I've attached a victory demo for Downward Descent, 1S.

I am not sure which vertion I was using but, I have compleated "The river of Roaches" 03/31/04 with the new spwn rule. I last downloaded DDR on Monday, March 29, 2004.

Note: This room took me HOURS to beat. I had compleated the hold before I compleated this room.

I have attached a victory demo for this room. This victory demo is for DDR as of Monday, March 29, 2004, and may not work with the new verion.
05-21-2004 at 06:52 PM
DiMono
I actually found the River of Roaches on my first time through, after noticing something was not quite right, and took what I assume was an intended short-cut at one point. It worked with the spawning rules that were in place when the hold was first released; have the rules changed since then, necessitating the reworking of the room?

05-22-2004 at 10:25 AM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Dugan's Dungeon Revisited (Early floors of Dugan's Dungeon with a twist!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com