Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A bug (ST 1)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Keiji
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon A bug (0)  
Okay, I have a row of 3 safes with a skelwing trapped under the middle one. I use the dynamite to kill the skelwing, which explodes into some walls and other things. The top right square is a right-rounded wall, and after it explodes, the top right square is an egg ON a right-rounded wall. If I remove the egg, I can walk on the wall like it's an empty tile.

By the way, please get rid of your password strength enforcer. This is stupid. If I want uppercase letters and digits in my password, I'll damn well put them there myself. This is why people forget passwords.

Edit: I just further tried out this skelwing plus save thing. This time, an egg got left on top of a clone machine. The egg fell down into the empty space below, and the clone machine acts like a blank tile. However, when I hit the all clone button, the other clone machines on the level didn't do any cloning, and then the game acted as if a skelwing had just been killed.

[Last edited by Keiji at 07-27-2007 05:59 PM]
07-27-2007 at 05:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: A bug (0)  
I'm not sure what "password strength enforcer" you refer to?

Could you please post a small level that shows this bug onto the forum? You can do attachment files here. That'd make it easier for me to track down the bug, thanks.

07-29-2007 at 11:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Keiji
Password strength enforcer: the one where you register on these forums. Although, I noticed that they aren't your forums, but seriously, http://forumer.com/ would be much better.

As for the level, I created one here:

http://fusion-global.org/share/skelwing.sub.SUB

Just watch the replay, you'll see every bug I mentioned apart from the "game acts like skelwing died" part. I think this was my fault, because a skelwing might have died offscreen (I had one behind a cloner in that level). Also, for some reason, using Vista I cannot access my subterra level files even from the command prompt unless they are saved in my documents folder, which is weird. Perhaps you could change it to automatically save levels and game progress in the user's documents folder?
07-29-2007 at 02:20 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Suggestions for the forums are best made here: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewboard.php?BoardID=8

I'll take a look at your level.

Vista is picky about users, folder locations, and access rights. Of course SubTerra was written several years before Vista :) I don't have Vista myself so I can't test saving things to a particular user's documents folder; however, I suspect a good workaround would be to change the rights settings on the SubTerra folder. It can be writable to the world with no problems.

07-29-2007 at 02:44 PM
Keiji
Hmm, I could try just moving the entire program folder both for ST1 and ST2 into my documents, but that would be messy. In any version of Windows from 95 to Vista, you can get the path to the users' documents folder programmatically, using the FileSystemObject which is in scrrun.dll.

Edit - Interestingly, I just pressed space to restart from a save disk after dieing while playing a level I made, and it went into replay mode, and then when I pressed space it went back to the editor. That was weird.

Edit2 - And after the game crashed when I accidentally pressed the windows key, I tried to reload said level and it had an error reading the file.

Edit3 - Now since I just absolutely love playing on a maximum-size map doing nothing but killing skelwings and generating random objects for hours on end (this is true), I also noticed that after a while, blank squares that act as steel wall start to appear on the map. o.o;;

[Last edited by Keiji at 07-29-2007 09:51 PM]
07-29-2007 at 04:08 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A bug (ST 1)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com