Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Level 7: The Silent Way One (Beyond my abilities)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Level 7: The Silent Way One (0)  
I really wish this was an optional room. The things I have to do here are horrendous! I'm having a really hard time balancing all these principles. There are a few things I noticed here, and it's hard to incorporate them all into a solution.

1) I have to clear all the volcanic terrain.
2) If I push a crate, and then move in another direction, I won't be able to push the crate in the same direction again (because the tile behind it turned into lava).
3) Usually, the best way to clear rooms with Volcanic Terrain is to zigzag, because zigzagging lets you cross the same place twice.
4) But, number 3 doesn't work here because crates can't move diagonally, and number 2 makes things even worse. In result, the crate's path has the ability to cut off parts of volcanic terrain, and, because of number 2, if you leave to clear this, you will have problems when you start to move your crate again.
5) What would've been a solution to number 4 is to move the crate along the edge so that it doesn't leave an island behind.
Unfortunately, you can't take a turn if the crate is on the edge; you can't get behind something that's as far back as possible.

I'm very lost as to how to do this. The sudden difficulty jump here is so uncalled for . . .

Every theory of mine gets shot down by point 2 (and the point 4 that it causes). For instance, I could try moving the crate along a path one tile away from the edge, but when I turn, I cut off a piece.

07-04-2007 at 08:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
IP: Logged
icon Re: Level 7: The Silent Way One (+1)  
Room Image:
Click here to view the secret text

07-05-2007 at 03:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Level 7: The Silent Way One (Beyond my abilities)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com