Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Consolidating player files
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
IP: Logged
icon Consolidating player files (0)  
So, I have had two different computers on which I play DROD and recently decided to attempt to consolidate down to a single machine. I figured, export player file, import to the other location...should be simple, right?

Well, obviously there's more to it than that -- even though I have the same name on both files and the same CaravelNet information, I'm assuming there's a unique identifier in the user file that is different.

Are there any sanctioned tools for solving this problem?

Thanks,
Josh

05-01-2007 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Consolidating player files (+1)  
You can export saves rather than exporting the whole player, and import the saves into the other player. This allows you to consolidate room progress (demos will be lost, as will conquered state for holds, but you can always restore to the last room and re-conquer).

05-01-2007 at 06:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Consolidating player files (0)  
eytanz wrote:
You can export saves rather than exporting the whole player, and import the saves into the other player. This allows you to consolidate room progress (demos will be lost, as will conquered state for holds, but you can always restore to the last room and re-conquer).
Or you could ask Stefan for help - I believe he has a tool that allows him to change the player ID in export files... dunno if it's already TCB-compatible, though.

np: Pole - Raum 2 Orginal (R)

05-01-2007 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: Consolidating player files (0)  
I'm reviving this thread because the question I was about to ask is I think similar to the first post here.

I am setting up my shiny new intel iMac (which has OS 10.6) and I have successfully copied across DROD 3 with all my holds etc.

I want to do the same with DROD2 - I would hate to lose all of that and I still love the opening music :) - but although I have copied the game itself, I cannot find anything in Change Location except JtRH. I have tried exporting my player file and importing, but as Josh says it obviously isn't that simple. I cannot find player.dat file for JtRH in my old iMac (I did very easily find the player.dat file for TCB and copied it across).

Can anyone shed any light on this and/or guide me through how to save JtRH before I wipe my old iMac?

02-20-2011 at 02:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Consolidating player files
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com