Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Psycho Therapy (Beethro gets some therapy.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.3/10 (18 votes)
σ 1.45
Author Name:LarryMurk
Submitted By:larrymurk
Hold Name:Psycho Therapy
Theme:Beethro gets some therapy.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:4
Number of Rooms:23
Number of Monsters:109
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:4 (+4 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Psycho Therapy.hold (11.3 KB)
Downloaded 1515 times.
License: Other
icon Psycho Therapy  
Beethro gets some therapy. See if Doctor Vizhago can cure Beethro of his snake phobia.

Thanks to testers:
jbluestein
Stefan
Stephen4Louise

Also a special thanks to Mikko who gave me permission to use a room from his hold named The Ledge in the architecture forum. It's one of my favorite rooms ever. I hope everyone enjoys struggling through it as much as did. Of course it's the final room so good luck getting to it.
04-10-2007 at 04:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Psycho Therapy (0)  
This hold wasn't made purely for Banjooie, was it?
04-10-2007 at 03:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1908
NiroZ wrote:
This hold wasn't made purely for Banjooie, was it?

lol :lol

Not exactly, but sort of I suppose.

I happened to create a few rooms which had serpents, but you didn't need a serpent timer coincidently. Then I thought it'd be fun to create this hold with that as a theme. So, I guess thanks Banjooie? :yes
04-10-2007 at 04:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Psycho Therapy (+1)  
I loved this hold, by the way. I don't mind serpent timing, but it was both fun and funny playing through this hold without having to worry about snake preferences at all.

I give it a 9 and 7 brains. Overall not as difficult as some of his others, but a couple of rooms in particular that left my brain sobbing in a corner.

Josh

04-10-2007 at 04:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
This ranks amongst my favourite of Larry's holds. Almost every room is impossible at first glance, but solvable after some head scratching. I know most people have been distracted by TCB over the last couple of weeks, but if you want to try something different, I can't recommend this enough.

Another 9 from me. I'm finding it hard to settle on how to rate difficulty though. All the rooms are clearly impossible, but easily solvable once you know how. I'll settle on an 8, and you'll know why once you get to the last room that Larry mentioned.

Steve.
04-13-2007 at 11:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Exelent, exelent hold! Alow me to be a complete echo of Stephen4Louise :)

A bit of criticism though: It isn't always funny to wait for x moves until the serpents have aligned themselves as you want them.
04-13-2007 at 08:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I have to admit I have less hatred for this than for other holds by Larrymurk that involve serpents.
04-13-2007 at 10:28 PM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Psycho Therapy (+2)  
Well, I've just conquered this, and as always, Larry's holds are brilliant. Even better, this one I actually managed to experience all the brilliance right through to the last room, since it was a tiny bit easier in my opinion.

I enjoyed every room, with my favourite probably being the only one I needed a tiny tiny hint for - Therapy 3 1N1E. I don't understand how you can continuously come up with such simple looking yet very tricky rooms.

I didn't find that last room particularly hard, but it was a very cool idea.
04-13-2007 at 11:58 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Yes... That room might be my favourite as well. It's just so minimalistic. You know that every one of the four irregularities ought to be used, so there really isn't that many options, yet the puzzle is tricky.
Click here to view the secret text

04-15-2007 at 09:01 AM
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
Good Hold. :) I give it 10 with 6 brains! :thumbsup

-Neather, Bye! :D

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
05-17-2007 at 06:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Django
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
Blondbeard wrote:
Yes... That room might be my favourite as well. It's just so minimalistic. You know that every one of the four irregularities ought to be used, so there really isn't that many options, yet the puzzle is tricky.
Click here to view the secret text

And I don't. Realize why, that is. Or what or where. :w00t
Help?

06-01-2007 at 10:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Danteslives
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 48
Finally I was able to beat the last room. This was an absolutely awesome hold, and I hope to be able to enjoy other larrymurk holds soon... I need to improve my skills a lot before that though. Thank you for making such incredible holds!
10-30-2007 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Finally got round to completing this one... excellent concept and yet again some fantastic puzzles.

Cheers! :)
02-26-2009 at 01:56 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Psycho Therapy (Beethro gets some therapy.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com