Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TCB - Danforth
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
nobodybutyours
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon TCB - Danforth (0)  
My first day in The City Beneath (full version), that Danforth character talked to me real sweet, listing all the things I've done, asking me questions, if I'm remembering, about the people I've seen and places I've been, but now all he ever says is something about Why aren't I playing more.

I had figured he only says something interesting after you've passed additional milestones, but I've passed some big ones now and still no change in Danforth's patter.

I wouldn't bring this up as a potential bug, but the last time he said something unique he specifically said to come back when I've done or seen more, because he had a lot to talk about.

I think the last thing he responded to was either:

Click here to view the secret text

Since then I've (plot spoilers, be warned):

Click here to view the secret text

I'd be surprised if none of those count as milestones for Danforth's speeches. Is this a bug? Am I just jumping the gun, here? (Or, being a salesman, was he only programmed as far as the demo apparently reaches?)
04-09-2007 at 02:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: TCB - Danforth (0)  
Unfortunately, it's your latest assumption. Danforth is a fun personality, and I'd like to see more of him throughout the game, if at all possible. All of those things you mentioned would be excellent Danforth material, IMO.

04-09-2007 at 02:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
nobodybutyours
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
icon Re: TCB - Danforth (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
Unfortunately, it's your latest assumption. Danforth is a fun personality, and I'd like to see more of him throughout the game, if at all possible. All of those things you mentioned would be excellent Danforth material, IMO.

Ah. That's a shame, then. It struck me as really smart to use him as one more way to pull the player along through the story and provide an additional sense of achievement and suspense.

I suppose this belongs in Feature Requests and not in Bugs, then. (It would be nice if user-built holds had access to his framework, too, though of course they wouldn't have access to the voice actor. My guess is the Danforth page is scripted using the regular room editor now?)

[Last edited by nobodybutyours at 04-09-2007 05:50 AM : typo]
04-09-2007 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TCB - Danforth
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes