Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Ricky's Dungeon v.04
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bibelot
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 322
IP: Logged

File: Rickys Dungeon.hold (11.8 KB)
Downloaded 132 times.
License: Other
icon Ricky's Dungeon v.04 (0)  
Well, I've had some free time lately so I decided to go back at it again. I added a modest third level to my dungeon. There are a couple easy rooms again, but most of the rooms should be an interesting challenge, I think. I also tweaked the first and second levels slightly (one room broke because of the change in spawning behavior), but overall there isn't too much difference there. And, I added a portal that leads to each of the three levels, because I realized that you probably don't want to play through the first two levels just to see the third.

Anyway, feel free to try it out and let me know what you think. I also tried to make sure that all the rooms are possible without any trivial, unintended solutions, but it's always possible to make mistakes, so also let me know if you find something glaring that needs fixing. That's all for now...

[Edited by bibelot on 09-08-2003 at 12:39 AM]
08-30-2003 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: Ricky's Dungeon v.04 (0)  
So, no feedback yet... I don't want you to feel neglected, but this hold is taking me a while to play through ;)

I've not managed to complete all of the rooms on level 3 yet (and I'm still stuck on a bunch of rooms on level 2, and there are some on level 1 I can't remember how to do this time around) There are some subtle and ingeneous rooms here though. Many of them are horrible at first, but when I finish one, it can be immensely satisfying.

Click here to view the secret text

09-01-2003 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I have been hardly able to do any rooms but was looking around with edit mode and I found 2 rooms that appear to be flawed in design. These are lvl 2 2S2W and 2S3W.

09-02-2003 at 09:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
These two levels (I'm playing them simultaneously) are great... A comment, though, about Level 3 1N:

Also, L31S:

[Edited by eytanz on 09-02-2003 at 12:45 PM]

[Edited by eytanz on 09-02-2003 at 01:24 PM]

09-02-2003 at 12:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: Re: Ricky's Dungeon v.04 (0)  
eytanz wrote:
These two levels (I'm playing them simultaneously) are great... A comment, though, about Level 3 1N:

09-02-2003 at 03:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bibelot
icon Re: Re: Ricky's Dungeon v.04 (0)  
Scott wrote:
I have been hardly able to do any rooms but was looking around with edit mode and I found 2 rooms that appear to be flawed in design. These are lvl 2 2S2W and 2S3W.

Ah, you're right. I'll have to fix that. If you're doing those rooms, you just shouldn't do that. Yes...

Many of the rooms I've made won't work if movement behavior changes, but I figure that since we haven't gotten an official release anyway, I'm not obligated to try to make it work in any situation.

Well, I'm gonna go fix level 2, so I'll be back in a bit.

[Edited by bibelot on 09-02-2003 at 05:48 PM GMT: grammar]
09-02-2003 at 05:33 PM
bibelot
All right, I fixed those two rooms. It's times like these that I would like a "don't place mimic here" tile, but trapdoors will have to do....
09-02-2003 at 05:45 PM
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
I don't know the layout of your room, because I accidently deleted DROD:AE, and I'm too lazy to redownload it (56k), but you could probably use yellow doors that are down instead of the trapdoors. Then agian, you probably can't because whenever I say something usefull, it always turns out to be wrong. So, if you don't a another yellow door immediatly by the tiles, a yellow door that is down should work.
09-03-2003 at 03:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bibelot
Actually, it was right next to a door, so it wouldn't work.... I noticed that I could have just moved the location of some of the doors and accomplish the same thing without trapdoors, but the way it is now will certainly make it clearer that mimics should not be placed in certain places.

I just noticed that I forgot an arrow in the exit room of level 3, so I'll just surreptitiously sneak that in now....
09-04-2003 at 07:50 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I'd recommend editing all your old posts and removing the downloads - it's somewhat confusing, especially to someone who isn't familiar with the thread and just sees the download at the very first post, and might think that's the right one to get.

09-07-2003 at 03:05 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Ricky's Dungeon v.04
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com