Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Multi-computer compatability
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1912
IP: Logged
icon Multi-computer compatability (0)  
I use DROD on two computers. In general everything seems to work fine from both computers as far as using the forum, submitting high scores and whatnot.

The only strange thing is when I create a hold on one then want to edit the hold on the other. It says I must make a copy of the hold instead of recognizing me and allowing me to simply edit the hold.

Any ideas what's up with that?
02-06-2007 at 04:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
icon Re: Multi-computer compatability (+1)  
You're different players on the two computers. Export your player from the computer on which you can edit and import it to the other. Then use the newly imported player to edit the hold. You'll have two players named "larrymurk". If that bothers you, and simply deleting one isn't an option, I can change the player ID on one player file to match the other one.
02-06-2007 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1912
icon Re: Multi-computer compatability (0)  
I'll try this. Thx.
02-06-2007 at 05:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kingpr
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
icon Re: Multi-computer compatability (+2)  
Not really the same subject (but similar) but I just had one of those life changing moments that restores ones faith in mankind. I recently got a new laptop as the old one is dying. After spending the best part of a day copying loads of data emails, numerous microsoft applications, mending broken links and so on I thought, let's see what happens with DROD. Copied the folder with the executables and data files to new computer. Double clicked and bingo! it worked first time. Picked up the game from wher eI left off as though on old machine (but now with realistic response times).

I just wanted to share this moment as a tribute to the team that built this - absolutely brilliant. Now can you sort out all the Microsoft junk. this is what transferring software should be like, dead easy!
02-07-2007 at 12:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Multi-computer compatability
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com