Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Trapdoor heaven (Has anyone beat it?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
IP: Logged
icon Trapdoor heaven (0)  
From the lack of response, I would assome that no one beat it.

Is it too hard?

I have computer problems right now so if anyone wants to play it they will have to go to this thread

I wish that man would stay away
04-14-2006 at 09:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
icon Re: Trapdoor heaven (0)  
The entrance was easy enough, but I must admit, I ran out of patience on the second room with the tunnels. After I'd had to restart about 10 times, I'd had enough. I'm confused enough as it is. ;)
04-14-2006 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1913
I'd say 1S can not beat conquered because:

1. Beethro must step off the last trap door at the tunnel near the North entrance.
2. The WW can not be killed from that position.
04-14-2006 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
I have demo's for each room.

I would rather not give them out for a while, but if you need to see one PM me.

[Last edited by The spitemaster at 04-15-2006 12:51 AM]
04-15-2006 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
larrymurk wrote:
I'd say 1S can not beat conquered because:

1. Beethro must step off the last trap door at the tunnel near the North entrance.
2. The WW can not be killed from that position.

I see my statement 1 is not correct.
You got me on that one Sir Spitemaster. :yes

Edit: I have indeed solved this room now. I'll try to play a little more b-4 commenting.

[Last edited by larrymurk at 04-15-2006 01:16 AM]
04-15-2006 at 12:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
One other thing, Don't go down first from two south. I frogot to make it so you would be able to come back. Or I have a bad memery

Edit: I had a hard time beating some of the rooms I made in the past, If anyone has any theroys on how to solve these rooms, Please tell

[Last edited by The spitemaster at 04-15-2006 01:25 AM]
04-15-2006 at 01:23 AM
larrymurk
icon Re: Trapdoor heaven (+1)  
Entrance: Fairly easy. Assumedly appropriate for the start to a trap door hold.

1S: Fairly tricky. Fun when you solve it, probably frustrating when you can not.

1S1E: Obvious concept (put mimic at one dead end and get it to other dead end). I was quick to give up when I didn't get through the first try.
Note:
1. I don't know if it is intended that you can pass the yellow doors w/o ever hitting the orb.
2. Optionally you could make it easier by forcing the player to start the mimic in one of the dead ends.

2S: I traversed this to the East room. I assume after re-entering from the SE I'd have to exit and re-enter from the north. Then exit East as I did originally so I could re-enter from the East to finally beat the room(or something like that). Fun???

2S1E: Happened to solve it on the first try so it was ok.

3S: Looks a bit like the same concept as 1S1E with the notable exception that this room has the only save pt I noticed.

General-

1. Most rooms were quite filled with trap doors. It might be more fun for the player if you can create the same puzzles/tricks with less trap doors.

2. I recommend adding save pts.

This could be a good hold for Jacob to check out with all the trap doors and the multiple entry room. Unfortunately he could be a bit busy now.

Some nice work.
04-15-2006 at 09:44 PM
The spitemaster
The multiple entry room was intended to be needed to be beatten three times once north, once south-east then from east.

Unfortunatly I think designing that room was harder than it ended up being.

If you could explain the method you used to solve these rooms I think I could make them more diffucult, rather than tons, and tons of trapdoors.

Overall, thanks for the work

04-15-2006 at 10:39 PM
larrymurk

File: Trapdoors 1S Victory.demo (1 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Trapdoor heaven (+1)  
Here's the only demo.

I only actually defeated-
Entrance: nothing tricky
1S: attached
2S:1E: played in editor
04-15-2006 at 11:38 PM
Curzon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 92
I really love trapdoor puzzles. These are really good (judging by what I have seen so far).

The entrance is fairly simple.

The second room is really wicked. If I hadn't read this thread before, I would have agreed with LarryMurk in that it is not possible to solve the room. After reading that there is a solution, I had it after a while. Cool room.

Click here to view the secret text

Unfortunately I did not have the time to solve the third room.
04-20-2006 at 07:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Trapdoor heaven (Has anyone beat it?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com