Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Not Pre-announcing a Hold (here it is!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ravon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
IP: Logged

File: Tentatively Named.hold (6.1 KB)
Downloaded 68 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Not Pre-announcing a Hold (+3)  
I call it: Tentatively Named. It should be easy, I'm only on the eleventh level right now.
Since I don't have any ideas for a second level yet, I just want to make one really good level. Suggestions of any kind are greatly appreciated. Even rooms, or sections of rooms that you think should be completely redone.

[Last edited by Ravon at 04-15-2006 06:01 PM]
03-21-2006 at 02:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Not Pre-announcing a Hold (+1)  
Ok I've played your hold, and it seems like a quite nice beginer hold. Here are some room specifiks:

1E: This felt like the most random room of the hold, and thus in my opinion the worst one (it still wasn´t boring)

2E: Neat!

2E1S: Probably a bit of a challange for beginners, but not too hard.

1S1E: Why do you have Halph. I used one mimic, and the room still wasn´t very hard... I think you should remove him.

1S: An easy room you can solve in many ways. Quite fun.

1N: Very easy if you make a nice little serpent trap among the trapdoors.

1N1W: Not much to say...

1N2W: Weee! A little optimizing (light version)

2W: This was one of the trickier rooms.

1S2W: This was the trickiest room, and I like it (still quite easy)

1S1W: Not much to say...

1W: A very easy room.

03-21-2006 at 10:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ravon
icon Re: Not Pre-announcing a Hold (0)  
Wow, I've been suffering from a severe case of architect's block, but I finally had enough inspiration to redo 3 of the rooms, and add another.
Hope you enjoy!

PS, it says it's by Anansi, I just forgot to export my player file...

PPS, look at the top post for the file.

[Last edited by Ravon at 04-15-2006 06:02 PM]
04-15-2006 at 06:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
A fun and easy, but not *too* easy, hold. I wished I could have remembered how to do the Wubba room as it took me another 20 or so goes to get through it a this time. 1S2E is an improvement on the original, as are the others that have changed. I thought 2E could do with being a little harder as there's not really much to do, same with 2N2W. This is the type of hold I like these days - doable by just about anyone, and fun to pass half an hour on.
04-15-2006 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ravon
Yeah, 2n 2w isn't great, I made it while trying to prove a point to my brother. I forgot to say this before, but I'm interested in what everyone thinks of 1e, the room with two ways to solve it. Are the solutions different enough? Should the solution that leads to the secret room be switched with the other? Is there a way to solve it one way and exit the other?
04-15-2006 at 11:48 PM
NaturalWay42
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
Loved the hold - I think it is really really good.

The wubba room was a little tough, there must be a solution but I sneaked ;) (thanks for leaving it editable by all).

04-17-2006 at 04:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
the trick to the wubba room, as I've only ever been able to do it...

Click here to view the secret text

04-17-2006 at 05:32 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Not Pre-announcing a Hold (here it is!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com