Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Fun Park 3N 1E (Quite hard)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
IP: Logged
icon Fun Park 3N 1E (+1)  
C h a l l e n g e !
 Don't use the tunnels. 

Credit to Stefan. During beta testing he just sort of casually mentioned that he didn't actually need the tunnels.. :yes
02-13-2006 at 02:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1908
icon Re: Fun Park 3N 1E (0)  
Here's the story..

I originally designed the room w/o the tunnels. Of course I couldn't solve the room so I added the tunnels.

I'm all for making rooms cleaner, so when Stefan mentioned he didn't need the tunnels I figured , "Great, I'll just take those tunnels out."

Needless to say, I tried replaying the room w/o the tunnels and I couldn't solve it. I watched Stefan's demo, tried again, still couldn't solve it. I watched Stefan's demo many times yet I still couldn't solve it myself!

Good luck to anyone bold enough to take on this challenge!!

Oh, and while everyone is looking for challenges, Stefan also solved the Merry-Go-Round w/o leaving the colored floor tiles. Good luck on that one too..
02-13-2006 at 03:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Fun Park 3N 1E (0)  
Oooh.. My challenges! I had almost forgotten about these. Thanks for bringing them up.

The Merry-Go-Round (1N2E) challenge was actually a bit more restrictive than that. Neither Beethro nor any tar babies are allowed to leave the coloured floor (I did this challenge to test whether it would be possible to add a 'fence' to the merry-go-round).

There's actually a third challenge, but I think I'll put that one in an another thread.

02-14-2006 at 01:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Fun Park 3N 1E (Quite hard)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com