Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Roaches of Fluff (An iron-free alternative)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
IP: Logged

File: noblood.zip (529 bytes)
Downloaded 120 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Roaches of Fluff (+6)  
Danforth Strout wrote:
Does your boss comment that DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold is such a violent game? That it's inappropriate for the workplace? Do your parents harp upon the redemptive qualities of non-macabre computer software? Well, here you have it, ladies and gentlemen: blood-free DROD! Let roaches disintigrate at the touch of Beethro's sword. Not only is it cleaner, it's economic and healthy! Now those ugly chemical reactions between roach blood and roach stomach acids can be forgotten as roaches, tar, mud, and seeps leave no evidence of being smitten and/or smote.

Are you afraid that the empire is going to see all that purple slayer blood and trace it to you? Never fear, for you can kill all the slayers you want without leaving a trace. I recommend these excellent auxiliary files because Swivel paid me to do so. And he'll pay you, too!
All right, this thing took me less than 5 minutes to put together. It proves that if I can do modular modding, you can too!

Put both of the files in your "DROD Directory/Data/Bitmap" folder. Your drod.ini should start out like this:
[Graphics]
General=GeneralTiles
General=noblood
Style1=Style1
Style2=Style2
Style3=Style3

Of course, if you have other general mods, they should go after General=GeneralTiles and before Style1=Style1. To see the effects of noblood, close DROD before making changes (because you already have it open, right?) and just start DROD again.

I probably won't play DROD too much with this mod, but it is sort of amusing to play DROD without blood. I feel really proud of my work, even though all I did was type in a few numbers and create rectangle and color it gray. Thanks for making modular modding easy-like, developers of DROD!

-Swivel. More shall come, maybe.

P.S.: By the way, serpents smashing look a tad unusual (because a serpent with a length of 2 just *disappears*.)

[Last edited by Swivel at 01-31-2006 12:54 AM]
01-31-2006 at 12:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Roaches of Fluff (An iron-free alternative)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com