Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : JTRH not working?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Diablos
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 7
IP: Logged
icon JTRH not working? (+1)  
I just bought king dugans dungeon and journey to rooted hold, and although king dugans dungeon works perfectly, JTRH doesnt work at all... :(

Basically i open the program, the screen goes either white or black, i get the music and nothing else happens. I then have the choice of pressing escape or clicking the x on the taskbar which is still there.

Im not sure if this has already been dealt with as i did a quick search but couldnt find anything.
01-15-2006 at 02:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: JTRH not working? (+1)  
Can you give us a bit more information? For example, which version of KDD and JtRH did you bought? Have you bought both CD versions? Is it for Windows, Linux or Mac?

Second question: Did you found a file called "drod.err" on your machine? If so, can you show us what's in there?

-- Tim

01-15-2006 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Diablos
icon Re: JTRH not working? (0)  
I bought whatever version is for sale at the moment, plus i downloaded both patches. sorry i cant give you any more info on that.

Its for windows, and i did find a drod.err file:

*** FIRST LOG IN SESSION 1/14/06 6:21AM ***

Assertion error in line 192 of C:\\Caravel\\DROD17\\FrontEndLib\\EventHandlerWidget.h: "!this->bDeactivate"

Assertion error in line 192 of C:\\Caravel\\DROD17\\FrontEndLib\\EventHandlerWidget.h: "!this->bDeactivate"

01-15-2006 at 03:23 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Sorry, can't say I've seen this before.

Perhaps anyone from the team? Anyone? If not, you could try send an e-mail to support@caravelgames.com
01-15-2006 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Since it's Sunday, Mike will be busy most of the day, so you'll probably have to check back tomorrow for a programmer response (but maybe trick or Schik or Erik would know what this means).

My first inclination would be to redownload the full version just in case the download got corrupted. If reinstalling the new download doesn't work...well, at least you have KDD to play until it can be figured out.

If just one file got corrupted, then maybe it could be fixed by installing a patch. Go here to download the 2.0.12 patch for Windows for JtRH and install it, and maybe that will fix the problem. You can also install the 2.0.12 patch for KDD if the version you have isn't the latest; you can tell by the number in the upper right corner of the title screen.

Edit: oh wait, you said you downloaded both patches. Hmmm. Well, another thing to try is to reinstall the game and see if it runs fine without the patch. Just throwing things out there until the cavalry arrives...might as well try all the options since you don't have any saved games to lose yet. :)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 01-15-2006 07:44 PM]
01-15-2006 at 07:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Diablos
i just reinstalled it, and got the same problem again :(

ahh ill try and download it again (i was putting that off as i have a horribly slow connection but i suppose i have no choice :P)

edit: bollocks! (pardon my french), it appears i have exceeded the alloted time for downloading the game. :thumbsdown

[Last edited by Diablos at 01-17-2006 01:21 AM]
01-17-2006 at 01:17 AM
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
Diablos wrote:
edit: bollocks! (pardon my french), it appears i have exceeded the alloted time for downloading the game. :thumbsdown
Email the Caravel guys. Erik will make sure anyone who has legitimately bought the game can have access to the downloads they need.

++Adam H. Peterson
01-17-2006 at 05:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Diablos
AlefBet wrote:Email the Caravel guys. Erik will make sure anyone who has legitimately bought the game can have access to the downloads they need.

i just emailed them with the details on my receipt. i hope thats enough :) :P
01-17-2006 at 08:16 AM
Diablos
i just downloaded and installed the game again, and i think ive found the problem.

i didnt say that the title screen worked perfectly the first time id tried to go on (i forgot to say). it was only after i first exited the program that i had the problem, so what im about to say may be irrelevant and known already. but i still think it needs fixing.

when i first downloaded and installed it i tried to import my save game from the demo. i couldnt figure out how to find the file so i quit out of the game to find it and put it in an easily accessable place. when i tried to go on again it didnt work.

then i reinstalled it and tried to import the file, again couldnt find it and i quit off to find it. when i tried to run the program again it didnt work.

the third time i reinstalled it and went on, and immediately quit off again so i could see whether it worked. it didnt.

then i downloaded it again and installed it, ran it and immediately quit off to see whether it worked. it didnt.

so i looked at what id tried and there seemed to be one thing in common with every time id tried it. i hadnt actually played the game because i figure there was little point if it wasant going to work. so i reinstalled it , ran the program, thought what the hell, played the game for a couple of levels and quit off, and it worked when i tried to run it again! so i quit off again, and tried to go on again and it still works now!

so yeah whether this problem is known or not (if its not just a coincidence) there needs to be either some kind of notice on the download or it needs to be fixed.
01-18-2006 at 04:47 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : JTRH not working?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com