Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Pick-a-colour-we-haven't-used-yet door
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Pick-a-colour-we-haven't-used-yet door (0)  
This is only really of interest coupled with the idea of "non-linear" holds.

I propose a door (and I have no idea what colour it should be) that opens when a set of conditions pertaining to what levels you've completed is met. For example, we could make a door that only opens when "Way of the Scorpions" is completed, giving you access to other levels in the hold, or a door that only appears once the same level is completed, or a combination of the two.

Programming would be done via a dialog, similar to what we've already got for stairs, but each level can be selected as being "yes", "no", or "don't care".

It is possible to make holds with non-linearity, but you can't, at the moment, enforce that you go through more than one branch of it. You can do it if and when the game, in loading a level, first checks to see if you've already been, but only going into the branched levels. There's no way to do it going out of them, and although it's not essential, it's elegant.

Matt

07-14-2003 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Pick-a-colour-we-haven't-used-yet door
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com