Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : *do-dit* (dum dum dum) *de-de-do-dit* I'VE GOT THE POWER! (or not, as the case may be)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jamie
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 365
IP: Logged
icon *do-dit* (dum dum dum) *de-de-do-dit* I'VE GOT THE POWER! (+2)  
So, I was in Tescos today ("biggly Supermarket of big" - thing that does all sorts of other stuff too like phone, TV's, clothes, books, blah blah) and all of sudden, kaput! Power cut!

Now, this is one of those huge tescos on 2 levels (Fforestfach, Swansea) , not the small stores.

Everything goes off. Plunged into darkness! -- Well, it was about 12pm, so there was still ambient light from the distant windows, so it was actually light enough, but still, the store is open 24 hours, and when the lights went off, it still didn't stop me shouting "LOOT!" :evil:

Anyway, about 30 seconds later, the backup generators kick in, and the refridgeration devices go on, but still, no lights for another 15 minutes or so, and it could have been night-time ! (if it was errr.. later)

Left there, and went into 'currys' (tv/computers/electrical goods etc.) for a quick check of their computer prices.. As I walk in.. BAM! Everything (600 TV's on display, and all lights go off)

Unfazed (hey, I'm accustomed to this now) I head upstairs to the computer section, but not knowing which escalator is the "up" one, and which is the "down" one, I take my chances, hoping they don't get powered up 'mid-walk'.. Oh, and I choose the wrong one... :sigh

Upstairs, all the computers were off.. I switched a few back on, and they went into that useless 'demo' they all show.

Then a few minutes later, BAM again! Darkness!

Wooot!

I know these stores have backup generators that take a little while to kick in, but you think they'd have some sort of 'quick start' battery reserve to fill in the gaps...

I could have fallen over and sued them! yeeeee-haaaaaaaa

[Last edited by jamie at 01-07-2006 02:49 AM]
01-07-2006 at 02:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : *do-dit* (dum dum dum) *de-de-do-dit* I'VE GOT THE POWER! (or not, as the case may be)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com