Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Submission topics (Check the top post for updates to bugs/features.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
IP: Logged
icon Submission topics (+3)  
I'm testing something new, and need some help from you guys. The idea is this: I start a topic asking for submissions of some sort. Perhaps for a contest. Forumites can reply to the topic, but they can only see the first post and their own posts - all other posts are hidden.

So.... please reply to this thread. Maybe attach a small file. Then, especially you hacker types - try to see the other posts. Try to download attachments. I'll even edit post IDs and attachment IDs into this post after some have been made. There are always more ways to get data than I remember, and I'm guessing somebody will find something.

Okay, Neil reminded me about email notifications. So that's known - I'll work on fixing it. Edit: I believe this is fixed. If anyone gets email notifications for posts after kie's post, please let me know.

Fix: Another bug reported by several people: You can see the last 5 posts when replying. Duh me. It's still broken, I'll update this when I fix it. Fixed!
Fix: You now should be able to download your own attachments. Someone please test it and let me know... and try someone else's attachment as well, to make sure that still *doesn't* work.
Fix: Clickable username "?" is now not clickable.
Fix: You can no longer see last poster on the main index, even if in a submission topic.
Added: Made it so you can quote reply your own post.
Fix: You can now find the first post in a search. But search is still kinda screwy, as it still has multiple pages even if there's just one result... and the one results will be on the last page.
Bug: I will also change it so that the folder doesn't turn red for replies, only for the original post.... at least until all the posts are revealed.

Replied Messages: 87682 87683 87686 87689
Replied Attachments: 12526 12527

[Last edited by Schik at 01-03-2006 07:04 AM]
12-31-2005 at 04:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: Submission topics (0)  
Testing.

Hopefully nobody got this post via email.

[Last edited by Schik at 12-31-2005 06:10 AM]
12-31-2005 at 06:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
This is a test.

01-03-2006 at 06:48 AM
Schik
icon Re: Submission topics (+1)  
Another test.

01-03-2006 at 06:50 AM
Schik
Test

01-04-2006 at 04:58 AM
Schik
Doom wrote:
I used to be able to see only the first post. Now I'm seeing four testing posts from Schik after that. Is this intentional?
Yes, this was intentional. If I, the topic starter, reply, then everyone should be able to see it. I just need to be mindful that everyone can read what I write, I'm not just replying to one person or anything.

02-08-2006 at 01:52 PM
Schik
gamer_extreme_101 wrote: Is there an option to reveal all posts in a submission topic? I'm just wondering in case someone wanted to collect entries for a contest in a submission topic. Would they have to repost all entries and attachments, or would they be able to uncheck the option and reveal them all when they feel like it?
Ummm... I need to implement that still. But it will be trivial to do.

02-08-2006 at 01:52 PM
Schik
(a) The ALT-tag for the red folder next to a submission topic tells you how many new posts there are in the topic. That might be a bad thing to have?
Blah. Okay, to fix it I (finally!) made the change that new posts are only marked unread for the original poster, except for those posts made by the original poster. So the folder should now accurately show ad red if and only if there is a new post you are able to read but haven't. And the mouseover doodad will be accurate as well.
(b) I forget whether this is a known bug, but: searching clearly includes results from submission topic posts that you can't see, though it doesn't display them on-screen. For instance, search the forum for "topic name: 'submission'" and the first page contains two results. That's not entirely a bug, but it's also not entirely helpful. (I'm imagining searching for the word 'interface' in posts, and finding yourself faced with a blank page of posts to the Interface Change Submission Topic that you can't see.)
Yeah, it's known. Perhaps when I revamp the search, which is a big complaint of many, I can fix that. Until then, I don't have plans to work on that.

02-26-2007 at 07:10 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Submission topics (Check the top post for updates to bugs/features.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com