Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Bug Tracking. (If you're having problems running Wonderquest, post here..)
<<2345
Page 6 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bug Tracking. (0)  
I'm sorry but I don't have an answer. Googa should have the answer. But, :hi to the forums!

Keep posting,
-Jeremy

06-18-2006 at 02:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: Bug Tracking. (+1)  
Taytanchik Ranti wrote:
First off: Really nice game you made there, Googa!
But I have one complaint/bug/???...

I've been trying to change the font, but was unsuccessful.
How do you actually change it? I opened the config.ini and changed hostias.ttf to argosy2.ttf (a font that I've extended by umlauts and punctuation marks, some time ago ;) ). It didn't work, although it is a ttf-file and it is named Argosy2. Then I noticed, that config.ini is case sensitive, so if you change HOSTIAS.ttf to hostias.ttf it won't work and will display the letters in Arial(?).
So I tried ARGOSY2: didn't work. ARGOSY: nope. I renamed the file to simply Argosy, who knows, maybe config doesn't like numbers...
Still unsuccessful...
I also tried the other way round: Rename the Argosy file itself to Hostias.ttf, but that didn't work either.
I even tried with a different font than Argosy, but well... nothing.

I'm a bit confused now; it looks so easy, but seems to be impossible. ;)
I also wonder, why it has to be HOSTIAS, although the file itself is Hostias. That's just one upper-case letter.
I also looked into the file using a font creator program, but I couldn't find a line "HOSTIAS" or something.

Answers please! :)

Welcome to the CaravelNet forums. This is the best site for the family you can find on the Internet.

I'm trying to solve your problem. The score for now is:

googa - 0
WQ engine - 2

I'll post here the solution here as soon as possible. :)

[Last edited by googa at 06-18-2006 09:35 AM]
06-18-2006 at 03:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
About the font Taytanchik Ranti:

If you want to customize the game font:

1) - Copy the font to your windows\font folder.
2) - Open the WQ config.ini file
3) - Change the GAMEFONT parameter to the font name. ( Not the font file name).
4) - Adjust the FONTSIZE parameter (Percent).

PS: Fonts names with spaces like "Times New Roman" will only be available in the next version.

So, to use the font argosy, copy it to the windows font directory, and change the config file.

Hope it helps.

[Last edited by googa at 06-18-2006 09:35 PM]
06-18-2006 at 09:33 PM
Taytanchik Ranti
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Thanks for the welcome!

Now to googa's answer:
Until now, I always tried to change the font by copying it to WQ folder next to Hostias. Looks like I was already wrong there. ;)
Anyway, as I tried it your way, I saw that I'd installed Argosy into the font folder already, some time ago. :|
Yet, I tried it again anyway... I also tried it with some standard fonts without spaces like "Impact" and "Andalus" and the original Argosy font. I tried upper- and lower-case but it refused to work.
So, sadly you couldn't help me yet. :?

Could it be, that the font folder for Win2000 doesn't work with WQ?
Or maybe that my C: drive is actually an H: drive and that the game itself is on the "game and music" drive I: ? <- don't ask, that's a long story :lol

By the way, how do you find out the real name of a font?
Though I'm quite sure, that the font is named Argosy(2), since I changed nearly everything in the naming options to Argosy2, except version number and the "subfamily font name" (=regular - Hostias=normal) , you can never know for sure. Maybe I'm missing something?

06-19-2006 at 01:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Taytanchik Ranti wrote:
By the way, how do you find out the real name of a font?

You can use the Ms Wordpad program. Open it and choose the font you want. That is the font name you should use in the config.dat file.

Did it work?
06-19-2006 at 01:27 AM
Taytanchik Ranti
This answer came faster than I expected. ;)

Now I'm sure (assuming, my Wordpad doesn't lie at me ;) ) that the font is named Argosy and I noticed, that the font was in the font folder but it wasn't installed properly.
Yet, it didn't work so I removed the 2 out of the name, but still nothing. :weep

EDIT:
Now I just used some mimicry and copied everything from Hostias to Argosy and then renamed the file to Hostias. This way config believes that there still is Hostias.ttf and everything works well. It's just a bit uncomfortable, but for now I'm lucky.

Still looking for a solution. Maybe some other people could try googa's solution. Especially people with Win2000. Maybe it really is this H: and I: drive thing I mentioned...

[Last edited by Taytanchik Ranti at 06-19-2006 01:52 AM]
06-19-2006 at 01:37 AM
googa
Try other installed fonts.
06-19-2006 at 01:42 AM
Taytanchik Ranti
Nope, nothing. Courier and Garamond don't work as well. :huh

But see my last post's edit...

06-19-2006 at 01:52 AM
googa
Maybe its a W2k related problem, It works for me. (Though a few fonts didn't work either).

[Last edited by googa at 06-19-2006 06:56 PM]
06-19-2006 at 06:55 PM
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
Probably a bug: Chen can move onto an "inaccessible" (darker blue) water square when moving from one room into another.

Perhaps a bug: You can walk into a mimic's sword and be killed. (Perhaps I'm just used to DROD where it treats a mimic's sword as an obstacle).

06-22-2006 at 07:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Perhaps a bug: Mimics rehit orbs after waiting (or, more specifically, not moving), where the hero does not.

06-22-2006 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
In L7: 5E:
- Mimic on (10, 24), Berk on (37, 25).
- Move NW to (36, 24), changing into Jax. The mimic moves to (9, 23) and dies.
- The room is cleared !?!?

Edit: By "The room is cleared", I mean the sound plays when you clear a room, and the silver door drops. However, on the map it is still marked as not cleared until it is cleared properly. The ball rolling into the fire at the top has the same effect. Also, once it has been "cleared" in this manner, it can be "cleared" again by killing the roach or either mimic in the fire.

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 06-22-2006 09:58 PM]
06-22-2006 at 09:50 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Ok, I just got to level nine, and found Rick. The first time I get him there is no potrait of him, just a big word "Jax" in blue and yellow letters. I think nothing of it. Then, after I once I turn into Chen, Chen has the old portrait that everyone used to have, the black guy with the tan hat. Restarting the game doesn't help, and getting another character doesn't help either.

Other characters that get the old weird portrait: Lucas.
Characters that get there own: Jax.

I'll let you know more when I get to more characters.
06-23-2006 at 01:18 PM
Kevin_P86
Yes, that happened to me once - If I remember correctly, there was the right edge of Jax's portrait on the left side of the screen, and then most Chen's portrait to the right of that. However, it did only happen when I first got Chen - every level since then has been fine.

06-23-2006 at 05:57 PM
googa
Ezlo, try re-downloading the patch. Let me know if it helps. Check if the version you are playing is 3.1 (Main menu).
06-23-2006 at 06:22 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I did get the patch, and it did work, but it says version 3.0. Let me try it again.

EDIT: Okay, it says 3.1 now, it has the portraits, and I can see this cool new blue and yellow type I never saw before for the peoples names! ;)

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-24-2006 12:04 AM]
06-24-2006 at 12:02 AM
Taytanchik Ranti
icon Re: Bug Tracking. (+1)  
I've found quite a strange bug.
If you play as Chen and stand at the edge of a map and then try to kill an enemy you'll die. But only if Chen faces the border/the front part of his weapon is off the screen.
It seems, his weapon is inactiv then, because you still move before the roach, but you don't kill it.

I'll try to "ascii" it, so you can see better what I mean.

The bold fields are across the border: If you'd move there you'd leave the recent map.
+ is the front part of the bamboo stick
- is the rear end of the stick
x is you and m is the Monster
o is terrain.

ooo+o
ooxoo
o-moo
ooooo

In this example you would die, if you'd move east or if you rotate ccw.

ooo-o
ooxoo
o+moo
ooooo

If you did the same moves here you would survive and kill the roach.

07-01-2006 at 11:07 PM
Taytanchik Ranti
Here's another one. Not a bug actually, but a thing disturbing the beauty of the game. ;)
It's about the secret room in lvl 8, so I'll go secret now...

Click here to view the secret text

Another thing that I noticed is in the room 4S/4E. If have not yet beaten 5S/4E you can still go south and appear in 5S/E4 on a white wall. You can jump off it and go on, but you can't go back anymore. I don't think that's right, but again, it could be fixed without negative effect on the room(s) by moving the white wall one field south.

That's all for now. ;)

07-02-2006 at 12:50 AM
googa
Taytanchik Ranti wrote:
Here's another one. Not a bug actually, but a thing disturbing the beauty of the game. ;)
It's about the secret room in lvl 8, so I'll go secret now...

Bug Fixed.

Another thing that I noticed is in the room 4S/4E. If have not yet beaten 5S/4E you can still go south and appear in 5S/E4 on a white wall. You can jump off it and go on, but you can't go back anymore. I don't think that's right, but again, it could be fixed without negative effect on the room(s) by moving the white wall one field south.

You mean the white door at (18,0) (19,0), 4S4E?

Chen's bug fixed Taytanchik. Thanks. :)
07-02-2006 at 01:19 AM
Taytanchik Ranti
Yeah, that's the door I meant.

Eh well, my solution wasn't correct. You can't just move the wall to 18,1/19,1 , you'd have to move the path too. Though this still shouldn't make problems.

I'm off for now, looking for the other secrets in level 8.

By the way, what do you get if you find all the secrets?

07-02-2006 at 06:19 PM
googa
Door removed.

By the way, what do you get if you find all the secrets?
Nothing for now. Probably a door that opens leading to "insane rooms" if 100% of the game secrets are discovered.

[Last edited by googa at 07-02-2006 06:34 PM]
07-02-2006 at 06:33 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Some random things: (Some of the trivial solutions/tricks might be intentional, but they might also be not, so I listed a few lesser ones anyway)

L8: 3S2E - I think there's one orb too much. The orb in the top right corner suggests that you should go there and back to open the vertical door at the top (while more and more roaches are spawned), but there's another orb near the lower part of the room, which makes the entire thing easier. It's not needed for backtracking or anything, either.
L10: 1S1E - The room seems a little more complicated that necessary. It's not necessary to open the door or visit the south-east quarter at all.
L10: 1S3E - The detour around the top isn't necessary, because it's possible to just burn the fluffy.
L11: 4S2W - Killed all enemies with Rick on the first arrow. Supposedly not intentional because of the Pandora's Box, and many other obstacles in the room.
L12: 4S2W - A small typo: "My classmates, they doesn't like me..."
Misc. - Hovering mouse on Arthur's shoes displays the description for Pandora's Box o_O

I may have found something else, but it's hard to say for sure, as I wasn't writing anything down, and the restore option is a little slow for checking, because it's more or less impossible to tell enough from just the minimap picture.
07-03-2006 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Bugs fixed.

L10: 1S1E - The room seems a little more complicated that necessary. It's not necessary to open the door or visit the south-east quarter at all.

How did you do it? I'm still trying...
07-03-2006 at 08:18 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: Roachdance.PNG (81.1 KB)
Downloaded 57 times.
License: Other
How did you do it? I'm still trying...
Follow the steps in the attached picture.

I just remembered one other thing. The secret in L10:3N3E can be obtained much more easily than intented. Supposedly, you should complete Dragon Island (1N4E) and take the swimming route, but the hero-changer in 3N3E is within the reach of the ship...

[Last edited by Doom at 07-03-2006 08:42 PM : tags, tags, tags.]
07-03-2006 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Got it! Bugs fixed, thanks.
07-03-2006 at 10:22 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Ok, this is a nitpick more than a real bug, but the room on level 9 should be called "The Penance", not "The Penitence".

Penitence is the feeling of being sorry for bad things you did. Penance is the task you need to do to show penitence. The puzzle in the room is the task, not the feeling.

07-04-2006 at 09:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Yes, Fixed.
07-04-2006 at 07:02 PM
Niccus
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 308
Nitpick:

On L8, 1S 3E, it appears that the blue door/button and the 3rd orb from the right on the top (turns off the 2nd ray caster from the left) are unnecessary...

Not-so-nitpick: Chen's description still says that he can swim in Lava. Not only is this pushing reality a tad far, but this doesn't seem to be allowed in the game... at least not yet. (I'm only at L8 right now)

Awesome game, by the way :)
07-05-2006 at 10:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but restoring in L7:2E makes Chen's graphic disappear.

07-05-2006 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
In level 10, it's possible to get to the northern secret trophy without solving Dragon Island -

Edit: Oh, I just noticed that Doom reported the same thing a few posts back...

[Last edited by eytanz at 07-05-2006 10:54 PM]
07-05-2006 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
<<2345
Page 6 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Bug Tracking. (If you're having problems running Wonderquest, post here..)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com