Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Games/genres most similar to DROD (For communities we should consider advertising to.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mikko
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 276
IP: Logged
icon Re: Games/genres most similar to DROD (+1)  
The thing that in my experience is most similar to DROD is the good old Rubik's Cube. It's a one player "game". It is turn based, yet you will usually make several moves quickly after each other. There is no randomness involved, yet it is often too complex to exactly evaluate all possible moves.
11-28-2005 at 06:22 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
John259
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
Have you folks discovered http://www.clickmazes.com ?

Various 2D graphical logic puzzles played at your own pace, which makes them somewhat similar to DROD, written in Java. A goldmine of wonderful original ideas IMHO. I have no connection apart from being a fan!

John

[Last edited by John259 at 12-04-2005 05:02 PM]
12-04-2005 at 10:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
EToaster
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
One game I've played that's similar to DROD (though not nearly as cool ;) ) is Fish Fillets that you can find here:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=5003

You control 2 fish that have to move around objects in order to clear a path out of each room. The big one can move heavy steel objects, while the small one can fit through smaller gaps.

Just the style of solving a puzzle to get out of each room reminds me of DROD, and the game can be quite difficult with tough puzzles.
12-04-2005 at 11:12 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Games/genres most similar to DROD (0)  
Yeah, there's lots of Fish Fillets discussion on the Electronic Games board. In fact, I wrote a FAQ for the game that is hosted on GameFAQs. I have solutions for every single level except two of the final ones, Telepathic Devil and Outraged Greenpeace. I actually have been e-mailed how to solve Telepathic Devil but I need to do it for myself and write it up before I can add it to the FAQ. If you have a solution for Outraged Greenpeace, I'd love to have it and complete the FAQ! Of course I would give you whatever credit you desire.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-04-2005 at 11:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
EToaster
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: Games/genres most similar to DROD (0)  
Nope, sorry, I'm not that far in it myself. XD;
12-04-2005 at 11:33 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Games/genres most similar to DROD (For communities we should consider advertising to.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com