Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Perfection : Perfect 7 : 1 South, 1 East (I'm stuck.)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
talund
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 95
IP: Logged
icon Perfection : Perfect 7 : 1 South, 1 East (+1)  

Let me add to the plaudits. This is a very challenging hold, clever and quite enjoyable. Thank you for creating it Larrymurk.

I am, however, stuck. I can clear out many of the tar chambers and am not worried about the two near the entrance but the two east side chambers (1+2) have me flummoxed.
Click here to view the secret text
Plainly there is a way that works that I am missing. While I am hopeful that the act of requesting help will have its usual effect, any hint would be welcome.
11-15-2005 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: Perfection : Perfect 7 : 1 South, 1 East (+1)  
I'm glad you like the hold.

Good job, it sounds like you have everything solved but tar blobs 1 and 2.

Hint:

Spoiler:

11-15-2005 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
talund
Rank Points: 95
icon Re: Perfection : Perfect 7 : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
What I particularly enjoy about this hold is these kinds of puzzles. You get lulled into a pattern and need to break out of it just slightly. Thanks.
11-15-2005 at 08:51 PM
VortexSurfer
Rank Points: 90
This is the greatest hold I've ever played (and I have played most of them). The room opposite this one (1S 1W) was just brilliant.

I'm, however, stuck in this one as well. I had figured out the last part (blobs 1+2), but what about the southernmost blob? There doesn't seem to be a way to cut it and return in time. I can't believe I'm missing something here!

11-16-2005 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Could you get to it at some other time? Perhaps from another direction?

11-16-2005 at 07:52 PM
VortexSurfer
Rank Points: 90
stigant wrote:
Could you get to it at some other time? Perhaps from another direction?

Oh nooooooo ... :)

I knew it had to be something simple ... But I guess I would have stared at that map for (further) hours - to no avail.

11-16-2005 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
I am having trouble with the two westernmost blobs. I just can't seem to get back and forth in time. I am one move short on blob 1, and 3 or so moves short on blob 2....

12-17-2005 at 03:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Take a good look at the sections you have marked one and two.
Do you find anything about the tar containers which is different from the rest?

12-17-2005 at 04:42 PM
cheese obsessive
Rank Points: 219
Blondbeard wrote:
Take a good look at the sections you have marked one and two.
Do you find anything about the tar containers which is different from the rest?

HAHAHAH. Damn you, Larry. You're too genius. And that was too easy to notice. BAH.
12-17-2005 at 05:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NekoIncardine
Rank Points: 127
Can someone explain how to get from the orb, to the northeast blob, kill it, then get to the southeast (4/5oclock) blob and block it's growth on one of the doors, in the 29 moves you seem to have (hit it on 29, the first turn after growth occurs)?

To be precise, a little more closely? I don't need a demo nessesarily, but good directions would be nice.

[Last edited by NekoIncardine at 08-03-2006 11:45 AM]
08-03-2006 at 11:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
NekoIncardine wrote:
Can someone explain how to get from the orb, to the northeast blob, kill it, then get to the southeast (4/5oclock) blob and block it's growth on one of the doors, in the 29 moves you seem to have (hit it on 29, the first turn after growth occurs)?

To be precise, a little more closely? I don't need a demo nessesarily, but good directions would be nice.

I think your problem is when you said "kill it". How about just hitting it and continuing to the next blob.
08-03-2006 at 02:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Rank Points: 116
How about the one at (12,29)-(13,29)? Is there some special trick to that, or is my efficiency just pants?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
11-04-2019 at 12:55 AM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
That blob is referred to in the older posts in this thread, check the question about the "southernmost blob".
11-04-2019 at 01:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Perfection : Perfect 7 : 1 South, 1 East (I'm stuck.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com