Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Unable to link
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kafka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon Unable to link (0)  
I'm no longer able to upload my scores in JtRH; the button on the Settings page is greyed out. And when I look for hints for rooms I have conquered, I get the message that I haven't yet explored the room. Is there a bug, or have I done something wrong?

And by the way, is there any way I can upload details and scores for holds completed in Drod AE?

[Last edited by Kafka at 11-12-2005 09:08 PM]
11-12-2005 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Unable to link (+2)  
Kafka wrote:
I'm no longer able to upload my scores in JtRH; the button on the Settings page is greyed out. And when I look for hints for rooms I have conquered, I get the message that I haven't yet explored the room. Is there a bug, or have I done something wrong?
Sounds like your CaravelNet key got lost. Just request a new key from the Settings screen in-game, or in your Profile on the forum, paste it from your e-mail into the Settings screen, and you should be good to go.
And by the way, is there any way I can upload details and scores for holds completed in Drod AE?
You should, yes. First export your player from AE. Next make sure all the holds you want to upload scores from are already imported into 2.0. Then import your player into 2.0. Now, technically you should be able to upload your scores from the button on the settings screen, and they will be associated with your forum name. But you probably want all your scores on the same player name. So you would then export saved games from your AE player file, then import those saved games onto your 2.0 player. That should merge all your old scores with your new player. (Note that I've never done this myself, so as always whenever you mess with your player data, you should make backups of players and unique holds!)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-12-2005 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Unable to link (+1)  
There's also a CaravelNet FAQ here.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-12-2005 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
icon Re: Unable to link (0)  
Thanks Oneiromancer. I've done that now, and can see in JtRH that I have finished, for instance, A Quiet Place. But this does not show in my High Scores. What else should I do?

11-13-2005 at 12:05 AM
Oneiromancer
Oneiromancer wrote:
upload your scores from the button on the settings screen, and they will be associated with your forum name.
That should do it.

Game on,

11-13-2005 at 12:07 AM
Kafka
Oneiromancer wrote:
Oneiromancer wrote:
upload your scores from the button on the settings screen, and they will be associated with your forum name.

I've done that, but it makes no difference. The forum shows only JtRH, and Loony Labyrinth which I have played since downloading JtRH, but not the holds already finished in AE. These holds do appear, as completed, in my own JtRH, and I have pressed the Upload button, but only the scores since I installed JtRH appear.

11-13-2005 at 01:54 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Unable to link (+1)  
Kafka wrote:
I've done that, but it makes no difference. The forum shows only JtRH, and Loony Labyrinth which I have played since downloading JtRH, but not the holds already finished in AE. These holds do appear, as completed, in my own JtRH, and I have pressed the Upload button, but only the scores since I installed JtRH appear.
Wait just a little bit. When you do a mass upload, the spider has to check them all out before they show up on the high scores list. They'll all be up there soon.

11-13-2005 at 02:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kafka
Well, I've waited more than a week, but my previous scores still do not appear. In the game itself, the Change Location screen confirms that I have imported and completed several holds. But only scores in JtRH, and Loony Labyrinth, which I have played directly in the JtRH download, appear in my profile. Other scores don't seem to upload.

11-22-2005 at 10:30 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Kafka wrote:
Well, I've waited more than a week, but my previous scores still do not appear. In the game itself, the Change Location screen confirms that I have imported and completed several holds. But only scores in JtRH, and Loony Labyrinth, which I have played directly in the JtRH download, appear in my profile. Other scores don't seem to upload.
Hmm. I looked in my database, to see if perhaps you had lots of demos deleted, but you haven't. Of 127 uploaded demos, 4 were deleted.

Can you just email me (matts at caravelgames.com) your player file? I'll get your demos uploaded to your account and have the spider verify them.

11-22-2005 at 01:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Unable to link
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com