Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Varying bomb explosion strengths
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1306
IP: Logged
icon Varying bomb explosion strengths (0)  
How about you click on a bomb and then make a rectangle that is its explosion range. It has to include the bomb. Then, in the game, the player can click on the bomb to see its range.

Another way to do this is to just click on the bomb in the editor and have it cycle through three strengths, 2 squares, 3 squares, and 4 squares radius (5, 7, and 9 squares in diameter).
11-11-2005 at 05:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Varying bomb explosion strengths (0)  
Well, you can currently approximate this by having multiple bombs that will trigger each other. I know that there are some situations that wouldn't be possible with the current bombs (example: creating explosions with a smaller radius).

11-11-2005 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
also, it's not perfect because the bombs take up space. i'd like a feature so that a bomb could explode all the way across a large pit.
It still will be useful to have multiple bombs because what i'm suggesting would be rectangular.
11-12-2005 at 03:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
question: doesn't this break the 'you know what things are going to do when you enter the room' rule?
11-13-2005 at 02:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
only as much as orbs - you can click on them and see their radius/affect.

11-13-2005 at 05:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Actually, with bombs it would be even easier, because assuming a small set of explosion sizes (2x2-4x4 or 5x5) it would be possible to just use different shades or slightly different graphics to represent the radius in a way that's not feasible for orbs.

11-13-2005 at 06:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
we could have the area square...
then we could use shades.
or we could have them rectangular...
and click to see radius.
11-15-2005 at 03:13 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Varying bomb explosion strengths
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com