Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Two simple holds (I also have two questions!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
IP: Logged

File: Chinese Takeout.hold (6.4 KB)
Downloaded 119 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Two simple holds (+1)  
Well...back in the day, when I beat drod AE, I decided to make a few holds. I didn't finish them, and I wish I had. However, because I still have them I wanted to see what you guys thought of them. I'm not going to finish them because I want to incorporate all JtRH monsters into my future holds. I don't believe I can do that until I have experience with JtRH so that won't happen for awhile.

Anyway, I have two holds. The first is attached to this post (Chinese Takeout), the second is attached to my next post (I couldn't figure out how to attach two to one post). Chinese Takeout is a hold that details beethro's quest to get...chinese takeout!

Here are my questions:
1. I built these holds using a different player profile (jon_hold), instead of my main profile (chalks). Is there any way to change the author of the holds without completely remaking them?

2. How difficult are these holds? I find them somewhat trivial, but I also made them. So please tell me if they suck :D
11-05-2005 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267

File: The town of Gorichinar.hold (7.7 KB)
Downloaded 96 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Two simple holds (+1)  
this hold, The Town of Gorichinar is again a small hold. However, I think it is finished and I kinda like it. :D

same question on this one...difficult or not?

I should probably mention, both of these holds were made in Drod AE. I don't know if JtRH can open them or not (I'm assuming it can though).
11-05-2005 at 01:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
It looks like the holds are "edit by anyone" so all you have to do is make any change and you'll be asked if you want to create a copy of the hold with you as the new author. Click yes. Edit the hold description.

That should do it.
11-05-2005 at 01:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Chinese takeout-

Difficulty: 4
Fun: 4 (but then again, the hold isn't finished either)

I'd say the room with the WW and tar was the hardest because, well, you had to tunnel through a full room of tar.

The car pictures were nice and the little story line never hurt.

Overall: I've seen worse. With a little work could easily be a solid hold.
11-05-2005 at 02:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
icon Re: Two simple holds (0)  
The Town of Gorichinar-

I'd say you might want to combine the better rooms from this hold into chinese takeout. 2S was the most interesting room to me.

I'd give this hold 4-5 difficulty though 2S was 6-7.
11-07-2005 at 12:31 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Two simple holds (I also have two questions!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com