Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Beethr 'o' Lantern 3 (The Battle of the Best)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ClaytonW
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 961
IP: Logged

File: beethrolantern3.JPG (31.6 KB)
Downloaded 665 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Beethr 'o' Lantern 3 (+9)  
Happy Halloween 2005!

Big thanks to Erik for providing a drawing to work from. :)

Beethr 'o' Lantern 1
Beethr 'o' Lantern 2

[Last edited by ClaytonW at 10-31-2005 02:59 AM]
10-31-2005 at 02:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Beethr 'o' Lantern 3 (+2)  
When I gave Clayton the stencil I had intended the silhouettes of Beethro and 39th to be carved out. Apparently, that would have been too easy for our man Clay, so he inverted everything. I'm afraid pumpkin rot is going to ravage these two guys a little early with all those skinny bits.

Brittany and I made an Eiffel tower pumpkin. I said I'd give her a stencil of anything she wanted, and ever the Francophile she picked an Eiffel tower. Gave her lots of narrow holes to carve out. I'd show you a pic, but I dunno... it's kind of on its last legs. About ready to take a trip to the home for elderly jack 'o lanterns.

-Erik

10-31-2005 at 04:38 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
icon Re: Beethr 'o' Lantern 3 (+1)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
I'm afraid pumpkin rot is going to ravage these two guys a little early with all those skinny bits.
I heard if you spread vaseline on the cut surfaces the pumpkin will last longer.

Wow. I'd say the best yet. Great job.

[Last edited by Tscott at 10-31-2005 04:56 AM]
10-31-2005 at 04:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Cascade
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: Beethr 'o' Lantern 3 (0)  
And I thought the pumpkin I did was impressive.

Nice job, Clayton, that is awesome! :w00t

11-01-2005 at 08:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sergenth
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 296
This is a state-of-the-art pumpkin! Beethro's 3 hairs are intricately, nay... "lovingly" carved. Also, Beethro and the 39th Slayer pass Matt Groening's "Identifiable Silhouette" test.

:yes
11-01-2005 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Indeed, excellent artwork Clayton, as ever. I wouldn't like to try that myself.

On a (vaguely) related note - unfortunately we have had our pumpkin stolen. In a desperate bid to show some sense of superiority over the elitist V Staircase*, who seem convinced we residents of W Staircase are incapable of working together, we carved a giant W into a pumpkin, lit the candles and rested it on the ledge over the staircase entrance yesterday evening. It was clear they were jealous of not thinking of it first, but alas, when one of our number went to relight the candles - I having reported they had gone out less than an hour before - it was gone. It is a sad day when not even a Hallowe'en pumpkin is safe.

*(By staircase I mean an individual student accomodation block, usually for 10-12 people.)

"Oook!"
11-01-2005 at 12:52 PM
Cascade
Rank Points: 46
Krammer, I am curious as to where you found a giant W large enough to carve into an identifiable pumpkin.

However, I am impressed by your ingenuity and imagine that so were the residents of Stair V!

11-01-2005 at 02:23 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
krammer wrote:
In a desperate bid to show some sense of superiority over the elitist V Staircase*, who seem convinced we residents of W Staircase are incapable of working together, we carved a giant W into a pumpkin...
Lol...What a coincidence. I admit to being a V-er my freshman year. (Really...I was in V Hall.) We always thought the W guys across the way were a bit too rowdy, and I'm guessing they thought we were elitist.

I guess the moral of the story is that V and W are the same everywhere.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-03-2005 06:58 PM]
11-01-2005 at 04:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Beethr 'o' Lantern 3 (+2)  
Had I had time, I would have done this:

Instead I was up all night working on a website. Go figure.

11-01-2005 at 05:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bad Dog
Rank Points: 35
I mistook the Slayer's collar for ears for a few minutes. If you look at it that way, he looks like a gremlin.
11-03-2005 at 04:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Mighty cool Clayton!
11-03-2005 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
WOOOOOOOOOOO! That's really awesome!

The previous two too...!! Congrats Clayton!!
11-05-2005 at 01:04 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Beethr 'o' Lantern 3 (The Battle of the Best)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com