Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Questionnaire
<<78910
Page 11 of 17
12131415>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Niccus
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 308
IP: Logged
icon Re: Questionnaire (+2)  
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'4.5"
Job/Grade/College: 11th 'til end of summer. No driver's license.
Favorite Band: Aphex Twin, right now leaning towards Chris Clark
Favorite Type of Music: Most upbeat/fast instrumental genres.
Favorite Movie: Haven't seen enough to grant this category justice.
Favorite Book: Haven't found a true favorite yet, but there's How to Survive a Robot Uprising in the car. Always a good reference.
Favorite Author: None yet, but thinking about starting reading Michio Kaku's books.
Origin of Username: First there was Nic, and then people went cute on me. It stuck. It had appropriate name length. It's rare. It works.
Favorite games besides DROD: Look at my profile, have fun figuring them out! (guess by PMs only if at all, please)
How long have you been playing DROD for? No solid time here -- Mostly on and off previously, now mostly screwing around with my architectural abilities.
Ever beat DROD? Can Monaco resist a full invasion from U.S.?
If not, how far are you? Demo.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Not anymore after I accidentally delete three posts.
07-02-2006 at 11:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: Questionnaire (+4)  
Still discovering things in these fora, and spent some time today pleasantly browsing this thread. It's a wee while since I registered, but perhaps in this case 'better late than never'?

Age: ancient (but reading through this thread I have found someone older, which surprised me)

Hair: Mid-brown (and long - half way down my back)

Eyes: green with a hint of blue

Height: 5’ 4”

Job/Grade/College: Teacher; BMus (from Edinburgh University)

Favourite Band: Hmmmm, it’s a toss up between Pink Floyd, The Moody Blues and the RSNO

Favourite Type of Music: Late Romantic (especially Mahler and Strauss), Baroque and (for late at night) Renaissance church music

Favourite Movie: not sure that I have one favourite, but “Barry Lyndon” comes to mind and “Anna and the King”

Favourite Book: Lord of the Rings; any of Anne McCaffrey’s ‘Pern’ books

Favourite Author: Tolkein; McCaffrey

Favourite TV programme: the late and much lamented ‘Farscape’; cancelling Series 5 was a kind of cultural vandalism.

Favourite game: Rugby (and at long last Scotland is beginning to play well - it’s been tough being a Scottish rugby supporter in recent years.)

How long have you been playing DROD for? About 4 months; the JtRH demo was on a Macworld magazine, I was in poor health and signed off work and had time on my hands.

Ever beat DROD? Not quite sure what this means; I have completed 15 Holds including KDD2. Does that mean I have ‘beaten’ DROD?

If you could be stuck on a desert island with one person (alive or dead, and you can't pick Beethro), who would it be? Better to be alone than with just one person for ever. That would probably stretch any friendship to breaking point.

What is your number one favourite thing in the entire world to do? That has changed with the passing years. At the moment I love working in my (large and slightly unruly) garden, and cycling with my pal, but if I had to select just one I would say writing poetry.

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done? Where do I begin???

What's your proudest moment? Hard to select one, the feeling at the end of conducting Vivaldi's ‘Gloria’ and Mozart’s ‘Requiem’ for the school’s 25th anniversary concert was special, but so was seeing my first published poem in print, in a book, in my hand!

Are you a morning person or a night person? neither/both - it depends on time of the year. In the high summer when it is light until nearly midnight, I’m a night person - I love those long lazy summer evenings and it is easy to get up early, but in the winter it’s dark when I go to work and when I come home again, then I just want to hibernate.

Origin of Username: When I first registered in a website ( a writing site), and had to think up a name, this popped into my head:
“In this hour take the name that was foretold for you, Elessar, the Elfstone of the house of Elendil.”

07-02-2006 at 04:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Questionnaire (0)  
Elfstone wrote:
Ever beat DROD? Not quite sure what this means; I have completed 15 Holds including KDD2. Does that mean I have ‘beaten’ DROD?
Yep. Back when the questionnaire started there wasn't even an Architect's Edition; what's now called KDD is all the DROD there was. These days, I reckon completing any of KDD, KDD2 or JtRH qualifies you as having beaten DROD.
07-02-2006 at 11:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Favourite TV programme: the late and much lamented ‘Farscape’; cancelling Series 5 was a kind of cultural vandalism.

Man, you think you had it rough? We stopped seeing Farscape about halfway into Series 1. This was on the station that commissioned it, Channel 9 in Australia. (Thank god they bought in US money before they started production.) This is, incidentally, why everyone except Crichton has Australian accents.

07-03-2006 at 08:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Mattcrampy wrote:

Man, you think you had it rough? We stopped seeing Farscape about halfway into Series 1. This was on the station that commissioned it, Channel 9 in Australia.

That's dreadful! :w00t Farscape had all the things that make (very, very, few) TV programmes excellent. If I can quote from a letter of complaint and protest which I wrote and sent to the CEO of Vivendi when the cancelling was announced:
"Farscape, by its originality, its remarkable imagination, its intriguing story lines, its outstanding special effects, its award winning acting, its groundbreaking puppetry, its truly believable characters, its rejection of cliché, its refusal to pander to the lowest common denominator of pap entertainment and, above all, for its inspiring drive for excellence, has earned profound respect. "

This is, incidentally, why everyone except Crichton has Australian accents.

I was aware that it had been made in Australia and involved many Aussie actors. Mind you Rigel didn't sound Aussie, nor did Crais.
If you can get your hands on the sets of DVDs I would recommend it.

Elfstone.

07-03-2006 at 12:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gianluca95
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 9
Username: Gianluca95
Name: Gianluca
Surname: Caruso
Years . 10
eYE: light brown
Hair, brown and shorts
Fauvorite game: Drod
Fauvorite music: rock
game finish: drod, half life, siberia II, age of empires II , dodger ecc...
Birtday: 09/09/95
country ITALY
:D FAUVORITE CHANNEL: MUSIC AND SPORT
FAUVORITE MUSIC: PUMP IT, HUNG UP, SORRY :D
origin of username: my name: gianluca, birthay: 95 :w00t
fauvorite colours: blue
fauvorite food: emh....

:D
fauvorite team: juventus
fauvorite movie: resident evil
fauvorite book: not have
number of sister 1
number of brother 0
fauvorite number 9 ( birthaday time :lol )
my fauvorite smiels is :glasses and :guns :medieval :music
job: student
fauvorite sport: football
fauvorite book: not have
fauvorite pc: xp ( i have this)
fauvorite site : this!

:weep
fauvorite drod: king dugan's dungeon
fauvorite level: 25th level
second fauvorite drod: King dugan's dugedion :D
not fauvorite drod: bevato's dungeon :lol
number of rank points: :blush :blush :weep :weep :~( :9!
number of mod points: :blush 0
:~( :~( :~( :D :D

job of my sister: university
fauvorite music of drod: catacomb (king dugan's dungeon) :D fierce moment: when finish the school game to drod from 1 year

age of my sister 18,5 :D

ever beat drod: I have finish 4 hold

Game not finish: oblivion, half life, mafia, gta san't andreas

PIMBall my record high score: (6.835.026) :D
Pimball my bad score: ( 238.002)

Pitfall my record high score: (12.890.345)
Pitfall my bad high score: (100)
:D

[Last edited by Gianluca95 at 07-18-2006 07:01 AM]
07-10-2006 at 11:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Molto buono, Gianluca!

Now why don't you go back to the 'Contests' board and delete the post there, just to make it tidy ('ordinato'?). It's easy to do, if you click on your post and click on Edit/Delete and then at the top you'll be asked if you want to delete the post.

You should also move your post about the Football World Cup to the 'Anything' board ( felicitazione assai, by the way. :) ) and you may find that others who are interested in football may comment. The World Cup was indeed a "contest" but the 'Contests' board here is specifically for DROD related contests.

If you have difficulty understanding my writing you might find this site useful:

<http://www.freedict.com/onldict/ita.html>

Ciao,
Elfstone.

07-10-2006 at 12:01 PM
Gianluca95
:D I have not understood excuse the message, elifestone where the dove to carry? thanks

[Last edited by Gianluca95 at 07-10-2006 12:09 PM]
07-10-2006 at 12:08 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
..."dove"? Anyway, I deleted the old thread and moved the champion one here too.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-10-2006 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Gianluca95 wrote:
:D I have not understood excuse the message, elifestone where the dove to carry? thanks

Scusa: 'dove' = piccione ? :hmmm: now I don't understand - ask the question another way.

Elfstone.

07-10-2006 at 12:56 PM
Gianluca95
ok :D sorry :blush

07-10-2006 at 01:07 PM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Wow, I've, um... been here six months and never noticed this thread before. o_O

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Hazel (They change colors! Yay!)

Height: 6'0" almost *exactly*

Job/Grade/College: Got 3.5 years of college under my belt, then ran out of financial aid funding... and got no job so I can't afford to go back yet :( Not that the extra half-year would get me to a degree or anything...

Favorite Band: Don't so much have a favorite *band*... I'm fond of things *composed* by Akira Yamaoka, Yoko Kanno, and Yuki Kajiura, though. And classical composers are good, too. Also a good John Williams score here and there. ... OK, so I'm fond of soundtracks and listen to NPR instead of 'normal' radio stations! Big deal!

Favorite Type of Music: see above

Favorite Movie: Anything by Hitchcock. Especially in his early days, working in Britain. Don't make me pick a specific one!

Favorite Book: In terms of books I've read completely, Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, by Haruki Murakami. In terms of books that I keep going back to but never actually manage to finish for one reason or another, House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski.

Favorite Authors: In order: Terry Pratchett, Haruki Murakami, Douglas Adams, Ray Bradbury, Tom Holt.

How long have you been playing DROD for? Pretty close to three years now.

Ever beat DROD? Mastered KDD2.0 and JtRH, along with about half of the SS holds... That counts, right?

If you could be stuck on a desert island with one person (alive or dead, and you can't pick Beethro), who would it be? Honestly? MacGyver. I know, the show was cheesy, and he's got a freaking *mullet*, but hey, how long would I be on that desert island once he got his bearings?

What is your number one favourite thing in the entire world to do? Depends on what time of year. During the summer, photography (film, unfortunately, or I'd put a link to a gallery or something; I don't trust digital cameras that are in my price range). During the winter, curling up on the couch with some hot tea and a good movie. And of course, year-round, playing DROD ;)

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done? Lots of things running around that I've done that were pretty stupid, but... the dictionary definition of dumb is 'unable to speak' (see The Who's 'Tommy', specifically the lyrics to the song 'Pinball Wizard'), so I'll say, um, going through one of those weird 'car accident awareness' days in high school as a 'victim' and not getting to talk to anyone until after the final bell ;)

What's your proudest moment? Artistically, the first time one of my photographs managed to win an award at the county fair. Non-artistically, the first time I managed to successfully work some oven-fu and come up with my own recipe that actually tasted *good* from scratch just through experimentation. Sure, it was just a tex-mex-styled macaroni and cheese, but considering that I'd never made macaroni and cheese without powdered cheese sauce stuff from Kraft being involved... I'd say it was a wonderful success.

Are you a morning person or a night person? I dislike mornings, but afternoons and evenings are nice. Can I say in-between?

Origin of Username: Looooooong story. Shortened version: 'Hikari' is about the fifth iteration of a username that originally started as something about feathers. Also the version I've kept the longest. And the version that's the most fun to watch people typoing horribly in chat settings.

Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? I'm only a Delver... Not *that* special yet ;)

[Last edited by Hikari at 07-11-2006 06:13 AM]
07-11-2006 at 01:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Gianluca95
good hikari compliments and good day!!! :D :D :D :-O :-O

07-11-2006 at 06:38 AM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Hikari wrote:
Wow, I've, um... been here six months and never noticed this thread before. o_O

Yay Oregon! Where in Oregon are you? (I was born and raised in Portland, myself.

Favorite Book: In terms of books I've read completely, Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, by Haruki Murakami. In terms of books that I keep going back to but never actually manage to finish for one reason or another, House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski.

Allow me to strongly recommend Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles. Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World was my first Murakami, but this one is my favorite.

07-11-2006 at 03:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
jbluestein wrote:
Yay Oregon! Where in Oregon are you? (I was born and raised in Portland, myself.

Corvallis area, myself. Been here for all 22 years of my life... But it doesn't mean I've not spent my share of time in Portland.

Yay Powell's ;)

Allow me to strongly recommend Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles. Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World was my first Murakami, but this one is my favorite.

Hm... I keep looking at that one but given how little time I have to read lately, pass it up 'cos it's long and stuff... I'll give it a try next time I have a chance, though. That one and I still need to get around to Kafka on the Shore.

07-11-2006 at 09:18 PM
Beethro2
Rank Points: 5
good morning I am new from here, this e' my questionnaire: username: Beethro2 real name: Luca fauvorite game: drod fauvorite colour: red age: 11 fauvorite book: not have surname: caruso fauvorite music: rock drod finish: king dugan's Dungeon country: italy games finish: the drod-Mafia-oblivion fauvorite type of music: pump it- fauvorite team: italy- fauvorite movie:the house of ghost

[Last edited by Beethro2 at 07-12-2006 03:23 PM]
07-12-2006 at 12:02 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Beethro2 wrote:
good morning I am new from here, this e' my questionnaire: username: Beethro2 real name: Luca fauvorite game: drod fauvorite colour: red age: 11 fauvorite book: not have surname: caruso fauvorite music: rock drod finish: king dugan's Dungeon country: italy games finish: the drod-Mafia-oblivion fauvorite type of music: pump it hello and good bye. :D

You sound familiar. Have I seen you before? :|
07-12-2006 at 01:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beethro2
:D ah, I do not know, you you know gianluca95? I am a its friend and I resemble it a lot, has spoken to me about the forum and he has said to me to enroll to me, however it is in vacation and you greets all!

good day

Beethro2

[Last edited by Beethro2 at 07-12-2006 02:53 PM]
07-12-2006 at 02:53 PM
lakibuk
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
You're name is Luca and your friend's Gianluca??
Fantastic title for a book by the way:
Not have surname: Caruso
Reminds me of "Me talk pretty one day" (D.Sedaris)

07-14-2006 at 10:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beethro2
:lol :D :) we are ourselves friends and we are enough equal like names and tastes. hello Beethro2 :D :lol :)

07-15-2006 at 06:55 AM
Neather2
Rank Points: 406
hello, i'm new and this is my questonaire and my first post :D:

Username: Neather2
fauvorite game: gta sant'andreas
fauvorite drod: TOMB OF NOMB
Game finish: drod, mafia, gta
hold finish: krish castle, JOURNEY TO REETOD HOLD.
fauvorite drod music (king dugan's dungeon edition) cavern (level1)
fauvorite band: Queen
room of drod finish: 1000 or 1100
fauvorite smile

:thumbsup and :P and :cool and :fun

fauvorite colour: blue.
game not finish: dodger, pitfall, oblivion
day of register of this forum: 18\07\06
job: student
number of sister 1
number of brother 0
fauvorite day: not have
fauvorite book: enciclopedy: the live in th castle.
fauvorite site: this.
fauvorite room of drod: not have:
fauvorite years of my live : the first.
:P
speak england: yes
speak italian: yes
fauvorite movie: The house of ghost and vulcano 1997.
fauvorite sister and brother: any
fauvorite moster of drod: goblin
origin of username: neather : drod hold king dugan's dungeon, 25 level
house: 200 mq
fauvorite location: italy
fauvorite animal horse and dog
hair: light brown
eye: green
level on this forum: roach
rank poins 25
mod poins 3
i played drod for 2 years
heihgt: 1.42
My fauvorite moment: not have
my fauvorite number of entire on this world.... umhhh .... not have
i have finish drod: (kdd)- (jtrh)

bye

Neather2

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 02-18-2007 07:46 PM]
07-18-2006 at 02:25 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Nice to meet you! Do you happen to be a friend of Gianluca95 or Beethro2?
07-18-2006 at 03:23 PM
jjohn7418
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
Hair: mostly blonde, but I have red, white, grey, black, brown mixed in.
Eyes: Hazel, but will change at times
Height: 6' 1"
Job/Grade/College: Right now I'm a Manager at AT&T, soon to be leaving since they're closing my building down. Need to find a new job now. I have an Associates Degree in Printing.
Favorite Band: Too many to choose from, I like Queen, Billy Joel, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, etc.
Favorite Type of Music: Rock, classic rock
Favorite Movie: The Money Pit, among many others
Favorite Book: Cujo
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Origin of Username: First intial of first name, first 4 letters of last name and the address of my house when I signed up for AOL.
Favorite games besides DROD : There is no other!! :thumbsup
How long have you been playing DROD for? Since the Webfoot DROD demo release
Ever beat DROD? I've beaten a few in my time.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Definitly not!

[Last edited by jjohn7418 at 11-21-2006 08:05 PM : updated age and info]
07-24-2006 at 09:19 PM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
icon Re: Questionnaire (+1)  
OK. I feel kinda awkward doing this after being on the forum for so long before, but... Well here I am.

Favorite Band: Newsboys

Favorite Movie: Lord of the Rings and The Matrix

Favorite Book: I like tons of books.

Favorite board game: Rail Baron and Seafarers of Catan

Ever beat DROD?: I beat the demo of JtRH and am planning on beating the full version of TCB.

If you could be stuck on a desert island with one person (alive or dead, and you can't pick Beethro), who would it be?: I don't anwser hypotheticle questions.

Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Oh Yeah! I mean Yes, Please!

Origin of Username: :Hmmm No idea.

[Last edited by Jason at 09-09-2007 07:26 AM]
07-28-2006 at 12:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
Sweet! I just noticed this and I've been here since may!

Eyes: Brown

Height: 6 ft 1 in (tall for my age)

Job/Grade/College: 7th grade (almost over here.)

Favourite Band: Hmmmm, Probably the Killers.

Favourite Type of Music: alt, rock and metal, and some dance/club music.

Favourite Movie: Uh... Blood Diamond.

Favorite Actor: Leonardo DeCaprio, Nicholas Cage.

Favourite Book: Scarecrow by Matthew Reilly

Favourite Author: Matthew Reilly

Favourite TV program: LOST!

Favourite Anime: Bleach

Favourite Manga: Bleach and Death Note

Favourite game: Monopoly

How long have you been playing DROD for? Since April 06

Ever beat DROD? No, but I'm working on it...

Favorite Hold: The KPVIIID trilogy and Big Wide World!

Least Favorite Hold: bad evil resturant!!!!!!!

If you could be stuck on a desert island with one person (alive or dead, and you can't pick Beethro), I don't know, a good chef, so he can cook me food.

Are you a morning person or a night person? Night.

Origin of Username: Tokyokid has been my username since I was like 7: for other sites, not just drod. I like Japanese stuff i.e anime and manga, thats the 'tokyo' part, but the kid well, I was a kid then, but Tokyoteen just doesn't sound right. ;)

[Last edited by tokyokid at 04-26-2007 12:40 PM : Updated!]
08-10-2006 at 12:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
golfrman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
tokyokid wrote:
Favourite game: Monopoly
woot! i love monopoly, i even collect em, got like 15 diff kinds

08-10-2006 at 01:42 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
tokyokid wrote:
Favourite Author: Matthew Reilly

Man, Matthew Reilly has really made it big. I remember reading Temple because I found it on the shelf of my parent's house, and now he's an international superauthor.

08-10-2006 at 02:26 PM
tokyokid
golfrman wrote:
woot! i love monopoly, i even collect em, got like 15 diff kinds

Sweet! I don't collect them, though I think I have the delux version and dogopoly.

[Last edited by tokyokid at 08-10-2006 06:02 PM]
08-10-2006 at 06:01 PM
tokyokid
Mattcrampy wrote:
Man, Matthew Reilly has really made it big. I remember reading Temple because I found it on the shelf of my parent's house, and now he's an international superauthor.

I've only read Scarecrow and Area 7, but I like what I see! :)
08-10-2006 at 06:03 PM
Von Krieg
Rank Points: 21
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'9"
Job/Grade/College: B.S.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
Favourite Band: Jason Morant
Favourite Type: Anything that glorifies God
Favourite Movie: Ben Hur
Favourite Book: Besides the Bible? "On War" by Carl von Clausewitz
Favourite Author: Ernest Hemingway
Favourite TV program: Mystery!
Favourite game: Chess, DROD (in no particular order)
How long have you been playing DROD for? About 6 months
Ever beat DROD? Level 22 on KDD
Favorite Hold: Smallsome Swicks
Least Favorite Hold: Lonesome Soldier (I hate hordes)
If you could be stuck on a desert island with one person (alive or dead, and you can't pick Beethro): Jesus Christ, He is the son of God
Are you a morning person or a night person? Neither. I'm a day man, myself
Origin of Username: Last summer I played alot of Tiger Woods 2004 and I built this character named "Von Krieg" who I imagined to be of European nobility and deeply bent on conquering and controlling the world's financial system through diverse enterprises of networked alliances that span all continents. In his off time, Von Krieg would publically play and eventually dominate PGA tours with stats supernaturally pumped up to 110% in all categories.

(By the way, I'm also "bjladd" and I think I'm going to go on the forums with this nick instead of that one. I only have 31 rank points, so I'm going to see how long it takes to get back up. Anyway, you can call me "Jordan" on the forums if you want.)

Jesus is Lord!

[Last edited by Von Krieg at 08-13-2006 12:18 AM]
08-13-2006 at 12:16 AM
<<78910
Page 11 of 17
12131415>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Questionnaire
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes