Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : "Meat"
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zonhin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 99
IP: Logged
icon "Meat" (+1)  
I think that there should be a "meat" item, it would cause the roaches who can get to it ignore you, rusing to the easy meal.

Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye
10-19-2005 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: "Meat" (+1)  
Are you sure this isn't just a decoy for your real idea?
10-19-2005 at 01:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: "Meat" (0)  
What Banjooie is trying to say is that there is already a decoy potion in DROD 2.0, which is very similar to your idea (since you haven't said what the range on the meat is, or if it disappears because it's eaten, etc). The demo version, which is free, has a fully functional editor, so if you weren't aware of all the objects in 2.0, you should check it out. www.caravelgames.com

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-19-2005 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zonhin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 99
icon Re: "Meat" (0)  
That was a decoy potion? I didn't see it in the help section...
Well it can be eaten for 30 turns by one roach and more then 1 roach will cause them to fight amongst themselves. Though all roaches will quit fighting if a queen steps in.
As for the placement-it will be done similarly to the decoy potion...
This could be done in a room with many roaches and a tough monster. With the roaches, the monster is more difficult, but grab some meat, he'll be a lot easier...

Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye

[Last edited by zonhin at 10-19-2005 11:00 PM]
10-19-2005 at 10:40 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : "Meat"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com