Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Smite to the Death - Start Here (The main topic for the contest.)
Page 3 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Leus
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 204
IP: Logged
icon Re: Smite to the Death - Start Here (0)  
We're not sending in the second sets of commands yet, are we? Just to make sure I didn't miss anything because I suck. :D

10-12-2005 at 12:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Leus wrote:
We're not sending in the second sets of commands yet, are we? Just to make sure I didn't miss anything because I suck. :D
Dood! Yes, and there's like 40 minutes left as I write this. You gotta read the posts. Send your moves for cycle 2 now or forever hold your peace!

-Erik

10-12-2005 at 12:15 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
Actually, I think we are:

(GMT) 10/12/2005 1:00AM - Cycle 2 Command Deadline

That is in negative 989 weeks, 1 day, I believe.

10-12-2005 at 12:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Leus
Okay... I'm glad I checked... For future reference: Where was it posted? I thought it would be in this thread...

10-12-2005 at 12:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Wha! I thought it was tomorrow. 5 minutes left, hope you get it in time ..

- Gerry
10-12-2005 at 12:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Testing. I think there is a problem viewing this particular topic.

-Erik

10-12-2005 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
cheese obsessive
Rank Points: 219
HAH. I suck at being home when I have to be. I missed last weekend's deadline because of marching band, and I missed this one because of marching band rehearsal. Go team! Oh well.
10-12-2005 at 03:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Leus wrote:
Okay... I'm glad I checked... For future reference: Where was it posted? I thought it would be in this thread...
Whenever I post a new hold, there will a deadline for commands in that post. So just check the posts in "Hold Updates" and you'll be good.

Also, as long as things go as planned, the command deadlines are always going to be the same time of day and always every other day.

-Erik

10-12-2005 at 03:06 AM
ErikH2000
Did anybody else enjoy the maneuver in the middle of the room? 3 people moved right up next to each other, and then proceeded to take 3 steps west in perfect unison like it was a ballet.

-Erik

10-12-2005 at 03:09 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
trick wrote:
Wha! I thought it was tomorrow. 5 minutes left, hope you get it in time ..

- Gerry

Man, I thought for sure you were going for the bomb. I spent hours working out how you'd go for the bomb, and then you just run for it.

10-12-2005 at 04:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
/sigh. I sent Erik a revised set of moves because I was sure either Rabscuttle or Doom would go for the suicide bomb and take me out, since there was no way I could escape in time and they would get 3 kills at least, probably. So I decided to beat them to the punch, and get 4 more kills at most. But they both turned tail and ran! So I only got myself and Patrick (sorry man). Ah well...at least I beat my bid...:?

I'm looking forward to doing some more games on the Forum Games board, once this is over with. I already have an 8-man arena made up, with bombs behind force arrows (so no immediate suicides!) and a red door protecting a mimic potion. I think that will be rather interesting, if things get that far. ;)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-12-2005 at 04:20 AM
trick
Mattcrampy wrote:
Man, I thought for sure you were going for the bomb. I spent hours working out how you'd go for the bomb, and then you just run for it.
Haha :). I thought about it, but then I figured there were three possibilities: Either you'd go for the bomb yourself (I could have gotten it in 3 moves, but so could you, and you're first), or you'd think I'd go for the bomb and possibly predict my moves, or we'd just try to kill each other around the bomb. I could have stopped a 3-move bomb by you, but you could have predicted that, and the general killage possibility could have interfered. So yeah, I seriously overthought the whole thing, and there was only 5 minutes left until the deadline, so I figured I'd just go and kill off #45 in stead (which I'd actually managed to do this cycle if I hadn't messed up my 4th move... oh well, there's always next cycle. Nice knowing you, #45 :evil:).

- Gerry
10-12-2005 at 01:16 PM
trick
ErikH2000 wrote:
Did anybody else enjoy the maneuver in the middle of the room? 3 people moved right up next to each other, and then proceeded to take 3 steps west in perfect unison like it was a ballet.
Yeah, I actually laughed out loud when I saw that :)

- Gerry
10-12-2005 at 01:23 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
trick wrote:
ErikH2000 wrote:
Yeah, I actually laughed out loud when I saw that :)

- Gerry

One of the coolest actions till now (That suicide bomber in the middle right was also funny)... and before I forget it : Say bye bye vylycyn !
10-12-2005 at 03:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
trick wrote:
Haha :). I thought about it, but then I figured there were three possibilities: Either you'd go for the bomb yourself (I could have gotten it in 3 moves, but so could you, and you're first), or you'd think I'd go for the bomb and possibly predict my moves, or we'd just try to kill each other around the bomb. I could have stopped a 3-move bomb by you, but you could have predicted that, and the general killage possibility could have interfered.

I figured that I'm not going to win if I blow myself up, because there's still too many people on the board; by the time I blow myself up, #45 would have gotten out of the way, so that's only 2 kills, which I'm not happy with; and you could have taken the bomb in 2 moves, not three, if I hadn't done anything. I figured that seeing as you were going for the bomb in the first round, you'd consider that a good option in the second round, so either you'd go for the bomb or go for #45. So I had to block you from going for the bomb, and if you went for #45, well, there'd still be enough time to run for it.

10-12-2005 at 03:23 PM
Oneiromancer
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
(That suicide bomber in the middle right was also funny)
That would be me, if you're talking about the cycle 2 one. :P

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-12-2005 at 03:36 PM
trick
wallu wrote:
At first I thought I should move north but I desided to avoid possible bomb blast. So, I'm doomed. I'm not disappointed because I already had sword in my a**. :~(
If it's any comfort, I'll feel bad while killing you. (Then I'll celebrate the kill, but hey.)

Edit: Btw, I didn't actually go for the bomb in the first round, Matt. I went for you :)

- Gerry

[Last edited by trick at 10-12-2005 04:47 PM]
10-12-2005 at 04:43 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 2334
did I live? i missed the deadline
10-12-2005 at 04:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
icon Re: Smite to the Death - Start Here (+2)  
I was tricked by your tactics, Mr. Tim, and I am lucky to still be in the game. Good show!
10-12-2005 at 05:36 PM
Abbyzzmal
Wait a second. I'm NOT still in the game.

Curse you, Mr. Tim! I take it all back!
10-12-2005 at 05:58 PM
Leus
Oneiromancer wrote:
I'm looking forward to doing some more games on the Forum Games board, once this is over with. I already have an 8-man arena made up, with bombs behind force arrows (so no immediate suicides!) and a red door protecting a mimic potion. I think that will be rather interesting, if things get that far. ;)
Ditto to that. I have a whole hold now called "Multiplayer Levels." So far it has nine rooms. I've just been experimenting with interesting ideas. I seriously hope that multiplayer is incorporated as an actual game element at some point.

10-12-2005 at 07:55 PM
NekoIncardine
Rank Points: 127

File: Bombing Run.hold (2.7 KB)
Downloaded 53 times.
License: Creative Commons

icon Re: Smite to the Death - Start Here (+1)  
I see I'm not the only one to have ideas...

Well, I happened to be playing Unreal Tournament 2004 (the only first-person shooter I play often, and even then, not online) last night after submitting my SttD moves, and then I thought, "Why can't we implement some of these in DROD, Smite To The Death style?"

So I made a ruleset and generic map implementation of the Bombing Run mode from that game. The ruleset's actually IN the map itself. I'm not the best map-maker ever (maybe when I actually buy JtRH and KDD2.0 and play through it - I stopped on AE KDD because I want to see the plot stuff new to KDD2), but I do think I got the idea of the game across in this map.

... You know. It'd be kind of interesting in a funny sort of way to convert some Assault maps from UT2004 to DROD, just for a laugh. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

10-12-2005 at 08:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
wallu wrote:
I almost commented this post last night but thought that it's not my business. The results may have been different.
Thanks, but actually, I hoped DelverDom would get the fact that I could not kill him at turn 1 and that he should ran for it, but of course I could not say that in front of everyone...
Abbyzzmal wrote:
Wait a second. I'm NOT still in the game.

Curse you, Mr. Tim! I take it all back!
I'm sorry Abbyzzmal. Don't curse me, please? Here, you can have some points instead :)
(Oh and you too DelverDom :))

-- Tim

[Last edited by Tim at 10-12-2005 10:32 PM]
10-12-2005 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
forrestfire
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
It appears I am already out of the contest due to the lame duck rule.

I should have realised that I would need to check the forum everyday to see what is happening and submit commands. I will be rooting for the underdog (whoever that is).

10-13-2005 at 12:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Tim wrote:
I'm sorry Abbyzzmal. Don't curse me, please? Here, you can have some points instead :)
(Oh and you too DelverDom :))

-- Tim

Okay, I call the curse off, this time. But don't let it happen again. Just proceed in a linear fashion and let me walk all over you. Yes.
10-13-2005 at 02:18 AM
techant
Rank Points: 854
ErikH2000 wrote:

-Erik

Yes I saw that. But, thought when I played it out manually that it meant that one would be prevented from moving because of the order of turns rule. I had 55 blocked by 54's move rather than them all moving together. Guess I need to understand the game play better. Do we all move at the same time or in order? :blush

Or maybe my timing was off. I will look again. This is probably the case. I was confused enough to plan my cycle 2 attack based on thinking I was a different person. When I saw how they would play out I was fine with it but I have to concentrate more next time. :w00t

[Last edited by techant at 10-13-2005 02:29 AM]
10-13-2005 at 02:20 AM
ErikH2000
techant wrote:
Yes I saw that. But, thought when I played it out manually that it meant that one would be prevented from moving because of the order of turns rule. I had 55 blocked by 54's move rather than them all moving together. Guess I need to understand the game play better. Do we all move at the same time or in order? :blush
In order. #54 moves first, west, clearing his space for #55 to immediately step into.
Or maybe my timing was off. I will look again. This is probably the case. I was confused enough to plan my cycle 2 attack based on thinking I was a different person. When I saw how they would play out I was fine with it but I have to concentrate more next time. :w00t
I was glad that you opened the door to the two chambers. Somebody had to!

-Erik

10-13-2005 at 02:37 AM
Svante
Rank Points: 169
I got my first kill(that would mean that I have..uh..one). Sorry, Schik.
Anyway, how many has managed to get more than one kill
(including bids). I'm not going to hunt you, I'm just curious.

-Svante
10-13-2005 at 08:00 AM
Oneiromancer
Svante wrote:
Anyway, how many has managed to get more than one kill
(including bids). I'm not going to hunt you, I'm just curious.
You can see the standings in posts by wallu and agaricus5 in this thread.

Game on,

10-13-2005 at 08:12 AM
Svante
Rank Points: 169
Oh, thanks, I'll look for stuff better in the future.

-Svante
10-13-2005 at 08:47 AM
Page 3 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Smite to the Death - Start Here (The main topic for the contest.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com