Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Smite to the Death - Start Here (The main topic for the contest.)
Page 2 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
IP: Logged
icon Re: Smite to the Death - Start Here (0)  
zaubberer wrote:
EDIT: ok, i have to add 11 hours to get 'official time'...
NO! All times are in your local timezone! There's only 25 minutes left! Submit now!

- Gerry
10-10-2005 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
zaubberer wrote:
EDIT: ok, i have to add 11 hours to get 'official time'...
No, no, no.

Any date/time that you see posted by me for this contest is already corrected for your personal timezone. The only thing you have to worry about is making sure your timezone is set correctly in your profile. And also, if you are used to 24 hour ("military") time, then if the time says "PM" add 12 hours to it.

Does that make sense? A lot of people are confused about it.

Also as I write this, the deadline for submitting commands is 20 minutes away and I'm still missing commands from people. If you didn't see an acknowledgement reply, then I didn't get it.

-Erik

10-10-2005 at 12:35 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
Also as I write this, the deadline for submitting commands is 20 minutes away and I'm still missing commands from people. If you didn't see an acknowledgement reply, then I didn't get it.

-Erik

so the '12:35 AM' time stamp in your posting is 00:35 in 24-hour format...

then it makes sense :)
thnx a lot for the fast answer!!!

zaubberer

:wizard
10-10-2005 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Penumbra
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 358
Oh well, that teaches me to only play games at work :) Only my work computer is logged into the forums, so the nifty feature of auto-correcting the time zone backfired for me. I was so sure after reading all those posts that it was correct; I forgot to check if _I_ was correct. Serves me right for trusting my home computer. Here's to hoping I don't die in round one.
10-10-2005 at 01:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
....what? I sent mine in, to the right email, and I haven't had a 'your email bounced' OR a 'this isn't accepted' OR 'this is accepted' yet. ...guess it's too late, though.
10-10-2005 at 01:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Banjooie wrote:
....what? I sent mine in, to the right email, and I haven't had a 'your email bounced' OR a 'this isn't accepted' OR 'this is accepted' yet. ...guess it's too late, though.
I accepted your moves and replied back. I know I did because your message has got the little reply icon next to it. Check your spam filter, buddy! The e-mail address I replied to matches this pattern: b*******@****.*a

By the way, to everybody else, I'm not accepting any more commands for cycle #1. If something unfair happened, please consider that a "5 5 5 5 5" default command set for you isn't necessarily the end of the world.

-Erik

10-10-2005 at 02:25 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Oh man... Nice wait there, Matt C :)

- Gerry
10-10-2005 at 03:06 AM
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
Just saw the commands. I was player #40. I say "was" because somehow a bomb wound up in the way of my sword. I was really hoping that at least one other player would be in the blast radius; because, afterall, misery loves company. Unfortunately, at this point, that doesn't appear to be the case. Oh well, one kill is more than the majority of players will finish with.
10-10-2005 at 03:09 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
trick wrote:
Oh man... Nice wait there, Matt C :)

- Gerry

I was defending against guard #24, and only just realised that guard #24 was you, Trick.

(Now I gotta work out how the room looks now...)

(Edit: Now I gotta work out how I can get the competition to reset... heh, I KNEW I'd be gone first round...)

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 10-10-2005 03:36 AM]
10-10-2005 at 03:22 AM
trick
Mattcrampy wrote:
I was defending against guard #24, and only just realised that guard #24 was you, Trick.
If you had moved up one turn earlier, we'd both be out of the game by now. Boom :)

(Edit: Wait, you say you're gone ? Did I do it wrong ?)

- Gerry

[Last edited by trick at 10-10-2005 03:42 AM]
10-10-2005 at 03:31 AM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
I moved over a fuse, first thing I did. Very clever of me. I need to play more DROD.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
10-10-2005 at 01:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krishh
Rank Points: 282
KevG wrote:
Just saw the commands. I was player #40. I say "was" because somehow a bomb wound up in the way of my sword. I was really hoping that at least one other player would be in the blast radius; because, afterall, misery loves company. Unfortunately, at this point, that doesn't appear to be the case. Oh well, one kill is more than the majority of players will finish with.

That was you! I escaped that blast by turn order. :P Looks good too.
10-10-2005 at 01:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HopelessAmateur
Rank Points: 177
Re: Screenshot

I can't see how to do a screenshot after turn 5 maintaining mimic numbers (sorry). This has nothing to do with the fact that I am dead :blush , I just can't see how to do it.

Cheers
HA (kills at end of contest - minus two. Any prizes for that? LOOOOL:lol :lol :lol )

[Last edited by HopelessAmateur at 10-10-2005 02:24 PM]
10-10-2005 at 02:21 PM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
The numbers are displayed in a speech, so you would need to put the speech at the end of the script to get the numbers displayed once everyone has moved around.
10-10-2005 at 02:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3238

File: Cycle 2.jpg (302.7 KB)
Downloaded 115 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Smite to the Death - Start Here (+1)  
Here's the picture of the end of cycle 1.

Players who were killed on the first cycle are marked as red.

Note that the file is inaccurate from the final fixed version. Players 10 and 31 stayed actually alive. There may be some other differences that I'm not remembering.

[Last edited by Doom at 10-11-2005 08:34 PM]
10-10-2005 at 03:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1980
Shoot. VortexSurfer nabbed all of the kills I was gunning for right out of the gate. I was supposed to strike that bomb, not you!

I'm really surprised that we didn't have more people swording bombs immediately. That was my entire strategy. And it would have worked, if it weren't for you meddling delvers!

10-10-2005 at 05:00 PM
VortexSurfer
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 90
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Shoot. VortexSurfer nabbed all of the kills I was gunning for right out of the gate. I was supposed to strike that bomb, not you!

And it wasn't even intended! Well, if you actually tried to do that, I'm glad I got there first. And I was so sure you'd go for that fuse (or a kill) above you ...

Well, I'm out with a flat zero kills. Could have been worse ...

10-10-2005 at 05:29 PM
Muiff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
I can't believe I missed the deadline! :w00t
I was away for the weekend and somehow I failed to check the rules before I left. Well, I'm still alive... for now.
10-10-2005 at 06:01 PM
Nillo
I seem to be alive. In the top three even! I couldn't possibly imagine how it could turn out better, since I thought I was toast.
Rejoice, me!

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
10-10-2005 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645

You have GOT to be kidding me.
10-11-2005 at 03:55 AM
Korgath
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
Hahaha, I missed the submit date and died for it
10-11-2005 at 06:04 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
This game reminds me of a game of assassin, chiefly in how paranoid it makes you.

Remember, being paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to hit the bomb.

10-11-2005 at 06:23 AM
Nillo
Erik, could you start posting images of the cycles along with the hold update? It is very unreliable to have to wait for a random volunteer to do it for me.

10-11-2005 at 08:46 AM
ErikH2000
I don't understand why you can't open up DROD and see it from there. It's inconvenient, yes. But it's also inconvenient for me to take the screenshot, crop, and post.

-Erik

10-11-2005 at 09:01 AM
Nillo
Well, I could do that, yes. But the floppy drive (or whatever it's called) doesn't work on the computer that has internet, so I would have to put it on a CD-RW, and I only have one of those and I currently have other stuff on it and CD-RWs take ages to add/remove data. Either that or I could try to convince my parents to let me download a 23MB large game and install it just for this contest.

10-11-2005 at 11:36 AM
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
Apologies md5i... If there's a silver lining, I guess it's that this has guaranteed you a 'special' placement in the ranking O:-

I've modded up your initial bid to offset my guilt a little :)
10-11-2005 at 08:29 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Smite to the Death - Start Here (+1)  
My apologies to #27 (DelverDom)... I'm sorry...

10-11-2005 at 09:00 PM
DelverDom
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
icon Re: Smite to the Death - Start Here (+2)  
Just my luck...It didn't help though that I use Q n W the other way round in Drod to everyone else and so ended up turning my sword the wrong way.Doh!
I dont suppose you could.....no?.....damn.

[Last edited by DelverDom at 10-11-2005 10:29 PM]
10-11-2005 at 10:29 PM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
Yeah, my own keys for that are A and Z (respectively?), so I triple-checked those Q and W. Azerty keyboards should burn in Zandru's coldest hell.

That aside, I am very confident about next turn: Erik himself told me so. Well, he actually told me I sent my moves to the wrong address, and advised me to be more careful *next time*. Still, it must mean there *will* be a next time.
10-11-2005 at 10:39 PM
ErikH2000
Alneyan wrote:
Still, it must mean there *will* be a next time.
Heh heh. I like your optimism. :)

-Erik

10-11-2005 at 10:49 PM
Page 2 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Smite to the Death - Start Here (The main topic for the contest.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com