Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Hypothetical Potion Idea
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon Hypothetical Potion Idea (+2)  
Beethro drinks a potion. It might even be /yellow/. All of a sudden, he is completely invincible! Roaches can't touch him, serpents don't seem to be able to eat him, and the Slayer's hook can't penetrate his skin!

He goes to slay one of these now useless monsters...only to find his sword passes right through them. Even the orbs don't seem to respond to his weapon. And it's looking a little more transparent than usual. Hopefully, quaffing a second will fix his little problem...

Alright, so basically, this makes Beethro invincible, but unable to harm anyone or strike orbs. Yes, he still drops trap doors. Yes, I guess he can still kill serpents in hallways.

It'd turn every enemy, essentially, into a Wubba with varying AI. Can't hurt Beethro, Beethro can't hurt it, with the addition that he can't strike orbs. The varying AI is important because, well.

Head through a hallway filled with roaches, manuevering around them....grab the potion, turn around, and now kill them all. That kinda thing.
10-06-2005 at 07:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Hypothetical Potion Idea (+1)  
Possibly something like this?
10-06-2005 at 09:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Cascade
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: Hypothetical Potion Idea (0)  
Maybe in this mode, Beethro could kill wubbas, because he's become as light and fluffy as they are! Cue hours of psychological torment for those who think wubbas are "cute" and must not be slain!

I would suggest that this potion should also be overridden by invisibility.

Invisible Beethro drinks:
Invisibility Potion -> Normal Beethro
Invulnerability Potion -> Invulnerable Beethro

Invulnerable Beethro drinks:
Invisibility Potion -> Invisible Beethro
Invulnerability Potion -> Normal Beethro

Question:
Would Beethro's mimics also become invulnerable in a similar way? Would they still be able to kill monsters? What about decoys placed while invulnerable? Invisibility potions don't affect mimics. So maybe these shouldn't either. But an invulnerable Beetho + mimic would be a scary combination.

10-06-2005 at 09:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
I think this would be a good idea, especially with killing wubbas. I think that while beethro can move his sword onto roaches, they can't move onto his sword. I think that mimic and decoy poitions can't be placed while invulnrable and they don't affect mimics. Also, swords should not be able to kill beethro.
10-06-2005 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Doom wrote:
Possibly something like this?

In my defense, that was over a year ago.

Keep in mind we didn't have JtRH back then, and, well, a lot of the new elements would work with this.
10-07-2005 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Greyman
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Waw! I like this idea! :thumbsup 1 point for you! (I donīt know if 1 is enough, or how much it is)

So this is like a "white flag" mode. The details by Someone Else are good for me, too.
10-13-2005 at 08:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
your welcome
10-13-2005 at 09:00 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Hypothetical Potion Idea
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com