Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : I Hate Level 23 (Once North)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon I Hate Level 23 (Once North) (+1)  
I also hate goblins. And manipulating goblins.

Any advice for this most heinous of levels?

Also, wonder when helplease will show up and get helpplease?

Matt

[Edited by Mattcrampy on 07-07-2003 at 05:58 AM]

07-06-2003 at 08:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
icon Re: I Hate Level 23 (0)  
I found this one of the trickier levels, if not the hardest, but I'm not sure what to offer unless you can ask for something more specific. A few of the rooms on this level have threads devoted to them on this forum, you might look for those.

For goblin's in general, I feel your pain. I don't understand them entirely, you need to expirement with them some. Remember they are smart enough to run away from your sword. You can use this fact to guide them through corridors.
Click here to view the secret text

One thing I've never really figured out is the recurring situation where you've got several goblins on the other side of a force arrow. (Happens at least once on this level). I've been able to get by flailing my sword somewhat randomly, but I've never figured out exactly how to trap them. Eventually you get them into a position so that a goblin is blocked and can't retreat, so you can kill it, but I've always accomplished that only with luck.
07-06-2003 at 12:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
swann_88
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
in general for level 23 I find it is best to be leading the goblins where ever possible
never go into corners unless all the goblins are in a straight line

for the force arrow situation the only way I have found is to just keep rotating your sword with sudden changes of rotation
until you get them down to 2 goblins 2 are usually workable odds so you can come out at that point (carefully)
07-06-2003 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I come bearing brilliant news!

With some thought and a big plate full of fried, crumbed things (not the healthies of dinner options, but the second easiest), I've solved every room in this god-forsaken level (including the one where you have the force arrow, where I just rotate my sword one way, then the other, until one dies), and now only have to do Once North.

I can't.

Anyone have hints for
a) getting through the trapdoors
b) getting them in the snakes without being mauled

Incidenly, I loved that one where you have 8 goblins and 8 snakes, and you just run around and fool them onto the force arrows. That was cool.

Matt

07-07-2003 at 06:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: I Hate Level 23 (Once North) (0)  
Yes...this was the room that caused me to stop playing DROD for about 7-8 months. It was that frustrating, as you can probably tell. There is some discussion on this room somewhere in the forum, not sure where though. So...

07-07-2003 at 12:49 PM
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390

07-07-2003 at 05:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Using one of the other posts on this board, I was able to solve the room with one goblin. The key is that...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-07-2003 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
swann_88
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
I couldn't manage with one 2 was much easier

07-08-2003 at 04:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : I Hate Level 23 (Once North)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com