Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : JtRH title lyrics (What do they sing really?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Muiff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
IP: Logged
icon JtRH title lyrics (+1)  
Hello,
I have been wondering this to and fro for a while. When you start up Journey to Rooted Hold, what do the choir sing? It sounds almost like english, but not quite. Or I cannot make out the words. The frustration of not knowing is almost unbearable. Does anyone know? :crazy
09-17-2005 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: JtRH title lyrics (+2)  
I have found the first few sentences to be rather clear, though the end is hard to make out. You can find the lyrics somewhere in the game though, if you look hard enough - in fact, there was a clue as to the "where" in my first sentence.

If you really want to know where the lyrics are (be warned, it is relatively specific, though you will still need to look around a bit):

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Alneyan at 09-17-2005 08:24 PM]
09-17-2005 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: JtRH title lyrics (+2)  
The song is what I think is called The Architect's Oath.

Within these walls great knowledge grows
Outside (the) walls, there wait our foes
To steal the thought(s) that we compose
Let each not speak that which he knows.

The things in parenthesis are the things I'm not entirely certain on, but I'm 100% positive on the rest.

09-17-2005 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: JtRH title lyrics (+1)  
zex20913 wrote:
but I'm 100% positive on the rest.
You shouldn't be, because you're slightly wrong. However, I'm not sure what the exactly correct wording of the Oath is, because the text found in the game doesn't match the text on this page.

Edit: In other words, it's flawlessly inconsistent.

[Last edited by Stefan at 09-18-2005 12:31 AM]
09-18-2005 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
'Thought' is meant to rhyme with 'not', as I think was mentioned somewhere before.

*searches*... yeah, here
09-18-2005 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Secret fact: When Emmett submitted the title track, with the oath he'd worked so hard on, none of us had the heart to tell him he'd said the wrong words. So we retroactively changed them.

Hey, if Star Trek couldn't manage to keep the story flawlessly consistent, I don't see why you expect us to.

09-18-2005 at 04:33 AM
Muiff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
icon Re: JtRH title lyrics (0)  
Thanks everyone! :)
09-18-2005 at 08:59 AM
Leus
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 204
icon Re: JtRH title lyrics (0)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
Secret fact: When Emmett submitted the title track, with the oath he'd worked so hard on, none of us had the heart to tell him he'd said the wrong words. So we retroactively changed them.
For some reason, I figured that's what happened. It seemed like an entirely plausible scenario to me. The general idea is still there, anyway.

I don't see how it doesn't sound like English, though... I can understand almost every word quite clearly.

09-20-2005 at 10:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : JtRH title lyrics (What do they sing really?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com