Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Have an idea. Have no idea how to do it. (Explosive effect question.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Azsedcf
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
IP: Logged
icon Have an idea. Have no idea how to do it. (0)  
This idea was going to be used as a timing device but I can’t figure out how to work it.

Here is the idea:
I would have a bunch of scripted guards appear at the beginning of a long hallway(for the purpose of this post imagine the hallway is 1 or 2 less wide as a single board)
In the hallway would be a bunch of bombs. Each guard would trip 1 bomb and no more with his sword.

The problem is that any way I try to do this either the bombs fire all in one shot or the force arrows prevent the guards to move down the hallway. I don’t want to end up putting the bombs 4 spaces away from each other. I would like to have the bombs be as close together as possible.

Any Ideas?
08-23-2005 at 05:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Re: Have an idea. Have no idea how to do it. (+1)  
A single force arrow facing any direction but directly at a bomb is enough to stop the blast area from reaching anything directly behing it.

For your purposes, you could set up a corridor like this:

##############
>B>B>B>B>B>B>B
-G-G-G-G-G-G-G
##############

Key:
> Force Arrow
B Bomb
G- Guard
# Wall

Script the guards to move to the positions indicated on the picture, and then just get them to rotate to strike the bombs when you need to get them to do so (although the timer only works in one direction)

For a bi-directional variant, you could try this:

#############
#B#B#B#B#B#B#
+G+G+G+G+G+G+
 | | | | | |
#############

Key:
> Force Arrow
B Bomb
G- Guard
# Wall
+ Orthogonal Square

Edit: Actually, the Orthogonal Squares are redundant - they don't actually do anything, since the walls block the explosions.

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 08-23-2005 12:57 PM]
08-23-2005 at 12:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Have an idea. Have no idea how to do it. (Explosive effect question.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com