Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Goblin Skool - the movie
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged

File: Goblin Skool.hold (3.3 KB)
Downloaded 84 times.
License: Other
icon Goblin Skool - the movie (+3)  
Ok, so I missed the contest deadline by sheer stupidity. This was actually done months ago - it was supposed to be a secret room in the hold I'm working on now, but I decided to take it out for a variety of reasons. Not until a couple of hours ago did I realize this would have been a good submission for the contest. Dang.

Anyway, I decided I'll post it here, so that everyone can see this silly little movie. It's pretty silly and pretty little.

If anyone wants to use it in part 2 of the movie contest, they have my permission.

[Last edited by eytanz at 08-20-2005 10:51 PM]
08-20-2005 at 10:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Goblin Skool - the movie (+1)  
This was quite an interesting film; I liked it. The goblin exchanges were quite amusing, although I found the teacher (or the lack of much real resistance to him) stifled the humour a bit (I guess it's his job, but I would have expected his class to be a bit more unruly). Also, the class of 35 was surprisingly obedient; perhaps it might have been more interesting if they moved around a bit (you would have needed a demo, though) during the whole proceedings, especially at the beginning. I found the ending was a bit anti-climactic in a way as well; I expected something a little more than the class settling down to read about serpent digestive systems, but I guess it's only minor

All of these comments are only really minor things, though, so it's probably me just being a bit over-critical. Overall, it's a nice film, although I can't really say much more, until I have seen the entries to the main competition. I'll post (or append to this post) my rating for this if this were a real entry once I vote.

Edit: Edited because I forgot to press the "Preview Message" button first.

Edit2: Added rating - I would have voted 5 if this were a real entry.

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 08-21-2005 11:57 PM]
08-20-2005 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Goblin Skool - the movie (0)  
Well, remember that this was designed as a secret room in a hold. I didn't change anything except unclick the "secret" square and add the entrance room. So I didn't have its strengths as a movie in mind, mostly just an amusing diversion that could keep the player entertained between puzzles. I would have definitely put a different ending to it otherwise; the current ending is just there as an explanation of why the goblins shut up after a while if Beethro sticks around. That wouldn't be an issue in a proper movie hold.

08-20-2005 at 11:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
I just wanted to say that this movie also made me laugh a bit. I counted at least twice when I had to laugh out loud, and once that I thought it was well thought out, which means that it was quite good.

If I had to rate this movie with the rest of the competition movies in mind, it would be about 7. Which means it would be one the better ones. It might be a bit short for a movie, but somehow it felt quite long (but good) for a one-room feature.

-- Tim
08-28-2005 at 10:57 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Did you seriously laugh out loud ?
I haven't done that for years, and thought it was just a manner of speaking...

Good movie! :)
08-29-2005 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Goblin Skool - the movie
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes