Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Hold resurrection
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
IP: Logged
icon Hold resurrection (0)  
Recently there has been some discussion about what to do with the hold "Return to the Pitiful" by Ameph

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=5760&page=0#73608

Another hold that I wonder what we might be able to do with is "The Line" by Urban

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=3261

I loved The Steps by Urban. I don't think Urban has been around for at least a couple months but I don't know if he'll be back. Maybe after some period of time 3 months or a year, we could have someone volunteer to finalize and publish these holds giving credit to the original authors.
08-20-2005 at 02:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2119
IP: Logged
icon Re: Hold resurrection (+1)  
Ah, but Pitiful has actually been released, so it's an entirely different matter (Return to the Pitiful is actually just an another version of the original with some bugs fixed).
I don't think Urban has been around for at least a couple months but I don't know if he'll be back. Maybe after some period of time 3 months or a year, we could have someone volunteer to finalize and publish these holds giving credit to the original authors.
The problem here (and the problem with Pitiful) is that we need Urbans' permission to do anything like that. We can't just take the hold, modify and release it, just because Urban hasn't been around. So, we can either contact Urban and get his permission to modify and release the hold or contact Urban and persuade him to finish and release the hold. There really aren't any other options.

We can however start a thread where all the abandoned/unfinished holds that should have made it to the holds board are listed (sort of like an "Unofficial Holds board"). That way, an architect with an abandoned hold might come to the thread and see that people liked it, and maybe because of that, he'll/she'll actually finish and release the hold.

If someone makes a thread like that, then add Hazardous Halls by Mikko.

08-20-2005 at 03:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Hold resurrection
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com