Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Mix-up in level descriptions in KDD 2.0
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Unkillable Cat
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon Mix-up in level descriptions in KDD 2.0 (+1)  
When I first played DROD, I played the Architecht's Edition and got pretty far into King Dugan's Dungeon. Now, in the 2.0 version that is available in JtRH, there seems to be a slight mixup. In the text that comes at the start of each level, the texts for level 16 and 17 have been switched.

The text for Level 16 was about Beethro taking so long to think about something (the differently sized cups, IIRC) that he didn't notice that the room had been covered in tar. Sure enough, the entrance room on Level 16 is covered in tar. Now when I played through the 2.0 version, this same text came for Level 17, in which there is no tar in the entrance room, and some other (much shorter) text came for Level 16.

It's not a game-crippling bug in any way, but I don't think it's supposed to be this way.
07-30-2005 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Mix-up in level descriptions in KDD 2.0 (0)  
I just took a look at my AE copy of JtRH, and the texts are indeed the same. The short Level 16 text goes "The roaches need an authority figure to gidue them. Someone like you!", and Level 17's talks about the leaf-juice in cups and the tar. While the level is full of tar (And efficiency), there is no tar in the entrance room.

So, if anything, I suppose that Level 17's text *could* be reworded, but that was how the original said, so I would vote that it'll say the same for consistency.

08-03-2005 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Mix-up in level descriptions in KDD 2.0 (+1)  
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
I just took a look at my AE copy of JtRH.

Did you now.
08-07-2005 at 08:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Mix-up in level descriptions in KDD 2.0 (0)  
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
I just took a look at my AE copy of JtRH, and the texts are indeed the same. The short Level 16 text goes "The roaches need an authority figure to gidue them. Someone like you!", and Level 17's talks about the leaf-juice in cups and the tar. While the level is full of tar (And efficiency), there is no tar in the entrance room.

So, if anything, I suppose that Level 17's text *could* be reworded, but that was how the original said, so I would vote that it'll say the same for consistency.
Assuming you meant KDD, not JtRH, I agree with you. For the 1.5 version, the texts are also the same as in the 1.6 and 2.0 version, so since the 1.5 version descriptions can be regarded as the "original" on which the 2.0 version ones are based, I'd say it's fine.

08-07-2005 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Mix-up in level descriptions in KDD 2.0
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com