Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Alternate Beethro Sprites ((and others))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon Alternate Beethro Sprites (0)  
We need some sort of mod for JtRH to turn Beethro into a @, and his sword into a /.

If you see where I am going with this, you understand why.
07-24-2005 at 09:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3261
icon Re: Alternate Beethro Sprites (0)  
Umm... yeah, you're propably going for this.

If there won't be one for JtRH, you can always install eytan's mod into AE.
07-24-2005 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
--somehow, I was simultaneously inspired by and forgot that post at the same time.

I'm a frickin idiot.

On the other hand, a more stylized Nethack look would neat. I mean...with 3D-ish shading, but still letters, y'know what I mean?

[Last edited by Banjooie at 07-25-2005 02:03 AM]
07-25-2005 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
Banjooie wrote:
On the other hand, a more stylized Nethack look would neat. I mean...with 3D-ish shading, but still letters, y'know what I mean?
Sounds like a great idea. Go for it!!!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-25-2005 at 05:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Ah, there's the rub, Mrimer.

I'd have to do it in AE, because, uh, either the files aren't in the JtRH demo but are in full, or, well.

And AE just isn't cool anymore. :( Thus why I'm not going about doing it myself.

07-25-2005 at 06:56 AM
mrimer
icon Re: Alternate Beethro Sprites (+1)  
Banjooie wrote:
I'd have to do it in AE, because, uh, either the files aren't in the JtRH demo but are in full, or, well.
I'm not sure what you mean by "the files aren't in the JtRH demo". In any event, homemade graphical mods should work just fine with the demo version. See this thread for examples of modding tar and mud graphics (try it out -- it works with the demo!), this thread for modding the general game sprites (this one has the tiles for the Beethro sprites you'd want to work off of), and this thread for making your own room Style.

07-25-2005 at 08:16 AM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Funny that I didn't notice this thread before. I am currently working on a roguelike graphical mod. It's about half-done, that's why I don't put it on the forums yet. Feel free to PM me if you want to try the files and see how it looks though.

07-25-2005 at 05:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
For some reason, I don't have a copy of Generaltiles.png anywhere in my JtRH directory.

Edit: Oh, hey, because it's the demo.

Which means I didn't have anything to work from. That really helps, though. I need, y'know, a template to work off of.

Now I have one! Yay!

[Last edited by Banjooie at 07-25-2005 09:14 PM]
07-25-2005 at 09:11 PM
mrimer
icon Re: Alternate Beethro Sprites (+1)  
Banjooie wrote:
For some reason, I don't have a copy of Generaltiles.png anywhere in my JtRH directory.

Edit: Oh, hey, because it's the demo.
That's not correct. No one is ever given copies of our copyrighted Caravel image files. People can make their own to override the game sprites. This is true for people either with the demo or the registered version.
Which means I didn't have anything to work from.
People do have something to work from, but it's found on the forum (as mentioned above), and not installed with the game itself.

07-25-2005 at 09:23 PM
SuperV
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
MMM... I have a better idea : In the create player screen ( with player name , etc...) there are a button : Player Graphics . With this button you can change a style ( TIM STYLES) and change beethro colors : green sword, blue face and gray t-shirt (for example). Its good to add more tim files to a player profile : greentar.tim + fakebeethro.tim + ...... -- and more... And another feature : Big Graphical Modifies : you can change original geneeraltiles (for one player) or original styles...

SuperV hint : BUY JTRH!
07-29-2005 at 12:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Alternate Beethro Sprites ((and others))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com