Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Can't see secret wall
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
IP: Logged
icon Can't see secret wall (0)  
In the Iceworks style (and this style only), place a secret wall on a square, with a normal wall on the squares N, E, S of it, leaving the square to the west empty. As far as I can see, the secret wall doesn't have any visible signs of being secret, when it should.

It becomes visible if you add the 4th wall to the west edge, strangely enough.

edit - oh, and adding walls around it sometimes seems to make it visible - eg add one to the SE.

[Last edited by TripleM at 07-08-2005 05:45 AM]
07-08-2005 at 05:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Can't see secret wall (0)  
I mentioned it privately to the developers a month ago, simply because I felt there are a few ways to "exploit" this bug and make extremly annoying holds. From what I remember, it may be an annoying bug to fix, so I'm not sure whether a fix will be made or not. Then again, I'm not on the dev team, so my word is likely wrong.

07-08-2005 at 06:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
You can add walls to the SW and NW and it still won't be visible.

XX
 SX
XX

That's pretty weird.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-08-2005 at 06:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
What I was told was that, going by Oneiro's ASCII drawing, the wall marked "S" simply wasn't drawn with a crack in it, therefore any wall formations shaped similar to that will have the vertex look like a normal wall.

07-08-2005 at 06:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
I've fixed this in newer full release versions. It is difficult to patch though. So one way to fix it is to download the latest full release JtRH install. We might come up with an alternate fix though, since downloading the whole thing again just to fix one tile graphic is pretty extreme.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-08-2005 at 07:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Can't see secret wall
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com