Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Editor... still[update] (Speech timing box)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
pouzzler
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
IP: Logged
icon Editor... still[update] (0)  
Mayhaps all my issues are due to my (sadly) having a french keyboard (all those little signs are creepy éèçö ... yuk!), but until we know this for sure, I'll keep announcing the bugs one by one, so here goes:

I can't enter the timing for a speech with the numpad, only with the numerals above the letters.

Update: still, I seem to remember we use the numpad for .. err... playing the game. So SDL and DROD hypothetically COULD work together to permit numpad input, right?

[Last edited by pouzzler at 07-15-2005 08:37 PM]
07-06-2005 at 09:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Editor (0)  
I noticed that as well for the 'wait for x moves' option.
07-06-2005 at 10:46 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
pouzzler wrote:
Mayhaps all my issues are due to my (sadly) having a french keyboard (all those little signs are creepy éèçö ... yuk!), but until we know this for sure, I'll keep announcing the bugs one by one, so here goes:

I can't enter the timing for a speech with the numpad, only with the numerals above the letters.
Mmm...this seems to be a bug in SDL, the third-party graphics and event-handling library we use. It doesn't register the numeric keypad keys as Unicode characters :thumbsdown

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-06-2005 at 05:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
mrimer wrote:
Mmm...this seems to be a bug in SDL, the third-party graphics and event-handling library we use. It doesn't register the numeric keypad keys as Unicode characters :thumbsdown
Works fine here (Linux). Make sure Num Lock is on... If it is and it still doesn't work, I'd say this is a bug in SDL, in which case we should either report it or fix it and submit a patch.

- Gerry
07-06-2005 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
pouzzler
I made sure numlock was on, and it still doesn't work.
Could anyone with a qwerty keyboard and winXP tell us if the same phenomenon is observed? Perhaps it's my azerty keyboard's fault?
07-07-2005 at 09:06 AM
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
No, I immediately tried numlock on/off when I noticed it wasn't working, and I'm on normal XP with a QWERTY keyboard.
07-07-2005 at 09:11 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
trick wrote:
mrimer wrote:
Works fine here (Linux). Make sure Num Lock is on... If it is and it still doesn't work, I'd say this is a bug in SDL, in which case we should either report it or fix it and submit a patch.
Yes, I've run our JtRH code in debug mode using my standard Qwerty keyboard -- with Numlock either on or off, all of the keys on the numeric keypad return a Unicode value of 0 in the SDL_KeyboardEvent. Let's report it to Sam.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-08-2005 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
pouzzler
I feel pretty proud; every time I thought I had discovered a bug in Php, and I wisely refrained from publicating in the tracker, because it seemed weird a dork as me would find a bug in such a widely used program, I chose restraint wisely ;)

Well, eat this SDL! You make up for Php's lack of bugs.
07-10-2005 at 01:02 AM
Didouneto
Rank Points: 79
icon Re: Editor... still[update] (0)  
pouzzler wrote:
Mayhaps all my issues are due to my (sadly) having a french keyboard (all those little signs are creepy éèçö ... yuk!)...............

we have a lot of little signs : é è ç ô ö î ï û ü à ù and more

it's strange no ?

07-29-2005 at 05:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Editor... still[update] (Speech timing box)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com