Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : What are your favorite arcade games?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
J.L.
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
IP: Logged
icon What are your favorite arcade games? (0)  
My personal favorite is House of the Dead 2. How about everyone else?
06-30-2003 at 12:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: What are your favorite arcade games? (0)  
I always loved "The Simpsons." I remember I spent about 20 dollars on it once, and still had to leave before I saw it beaten. :(

06-30-2003 at 03:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I haven't really played too many arcade games since the "Street Fighter 2 Revolution". Before that, though, a few of the games that I really loved:

In the fantasy action category, Black Tiger, Rastan, and this one pseudo-RPG that began with a C I think...can't really remember.

Smash TV and Total Carnage were always horribly fun quarter-suckers.

In terms of really old sci-fi games, there were two. One of them had the main character, which looked kind of like Samus Aran from Metroid, in a side-scrolling platformer where you just shot and killed lots of creatures. You went to each planet in the solar system (not in order)...I think you started on Saturn or Neptune. It was hard, but fun. I have no idea what the name is...I have asked on MAME forums and the like and always get pointed to a different game. I think I did find it once but couldn't get the emulator to work. :( The second game is very old, and in fact I only played it in summer camp when I was 6 or 7 (early 80's), but I loved it so much I still remember it (just not the name). You piloted this spaceship through these huge asteroids. They filled up the screen, and inside was maze-like, and you had to avoid the turrets and their bullets and the walls of the asteroid. I think you had to destroy something in the middle and then get out again. The first stage had 5 asteroids, and then you went on to the second stage which had 5 more and were much much harder. Again, no one else has ever heard of this game, which is a pity.

I am sure I could rack my brain and come up with dozens more (Marble Madness, Willow, etc.), but I think that's enough for now.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-30-2003 at 05:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
I like Pac-man games. Skee-ball games are also cool.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

07-24-2003 at 07:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Re: What are your favorite arcade games? (0)  
NoahT wrote:
This is a NARISH goofball message :P

My full name (look at the underlined letters):

You know, I had a friend named Hamish Andrew Robert Macarthur-Onslow. Put together the initials there and see what you get.

We called him Hamish. He'd die if he had alcohol, and a well-meaning parent gave him a bottle of A$120 wine as a thank-you present. He was so sad.

Matt

07-29-2003 at 09:02 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Re: Re: What are your favorite arcade games? (0)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
You know, I had a friend named Hamish Andrew Robert Macarthur-Onslow. Put together the initials there and see what you get.

Hmm...HARMO. That sounds kind of silly. :P It almost sounds like Harpo (like the Marx brother. I think the Marx brothers were pretty funny :P).

However, I used some facts about me, sillyness, and Yiddish (a Jewish langauge) to put together my signature.

But this thread should get back to its topic of arcade games.

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 07-30-2003 at 05:52 AM GMT: Forgot a word]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

07-30-2003 at 05:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I never really played a lot of arcade games. Old games I liked were R-Type and that laser disk dungeon one of which I forget the name. The only new arcade game I like is Tekken (why can't they make a pc version)
07-30-2003 at 07:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : What are your favorite arcade games?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com