Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Vector Orbs ((I can't think of a better name, I know...))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
IP: Logged
icon Vector Orbs (0)  
Well, they're floating...orb...thingys...that move constantly in the direction Beethro's sword is pointing in, and set off orbs when they hit them. This could allow for puzzles where Beethro's sword movements will have to be restricted, else a door will be closed.

Of course, we could also have Negative-Vector Orbs which move in the opposite direction to the sword's pointing, but these wouldn't be able to kill Beethro.

So, thoughts? Has this been suggested before?
06-16-2005 at 11:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Vector Orbs (0)  
Mechadragon wrote:
...This could allow for puzzles where Beethro's sword movements will have to be restricted, else a door will be closed...
What, you mean like that mimic trick I have seen oh about a hundred times now? Y'know the one where you can't turn your sword because of the bloody mimic trapping you in. Sorry, but I can't see much functionality in these vector orbs.

06-16-2005 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
Maurog, I have to disagree with you. Vector Orbs move in the direction your sword points every turn. So their no mimics. I see some puzzle potential if you place them in well selected positions. THey could even be used as a snake trap / shelter....
06-16-2005 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
Vector Orbs will move at a constant rate in whatever direction Beethro's sword is moving, taking no regard for what direction he is moving in, or whether he's standing still or not.

Mimics, well, mimic. They have a sword that works like his, they move around like him and move when he does.

They seem to have completely different behaviour for me, only they can both activate orbs and kill Beethro.
06-17-2005 at 01:57 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Vector Orbs ((I can't think of a better name, I know...))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com