Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : import and export sounds
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
IP: Logged
icon import and export sounds (0)  
I just had an idea for a sound that could be used for importing and exporting in drod.
Ever heard of a Risset scale? It's sort of an aural "illusion" of tone that rises in pitch infinitely. (or falls in pitch).
It's sort of hard to explain how the sound is synthesized, but you all know how to use the web, so I won't try to explain it.

It's really sort of erie, because you can hear that the pitch is rising**, but it never seems to get any higher...
So, what do you think, a rising risset for importing, a decending one for exporting?

** it's really a chord of octaves ascending in pitch together. each individual octave is very soft when it is at it's lowest pitch, and rises in volume as it rises in pitch, peaking in volume in the middle of the range and then descending in volume as it continues to rise in pitch. a full range of octaves doing this simeultaneously is what create's the "illusion".

I guess that wasn't too hard to explain afterall.

[Edited by bdcribbs on 06-29-2003 at 08:10 AM]

[Edited by bdcribbs on 06-29-2003 at 08:11 AM]
06-29-2003 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : import and export sounds
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com