Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Demo doesn't register if you restore to room start after conquering a room (without stepping on a checkpoint or entering an unconquered room)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
IP: Logged
icon Demo doesn't register if you restore to room start after conquering a room (0)  
I haven't verified this, because it is kind of complicated, and I'm not really sure if this counts as a bug or personal stupidity. I conquered a room which was the last unconquered room on the level. I left the room and got the "Exit Level" message, then I (without, for instance, stepping on a checkpoint) hit "Esc" to return to the menu and restored to room start. Then I connected to CaravelNet to compare the room score, returned to the game and hit F6. The list of my demos for the room showed, one of them being the victory demo, but in the bottom box with the CaravelNet demos, they greyed-out message was shown "This room has not been conquered yet." So I returned to the main menu and uploaded my demos, but the room doesn't appear under "My Stats" on DROD.net, i.e. it is still registered as unconquered. Since I can't restore to any checkpoint, I guess I have to conquer the room again (which isn't hard, but annoying.) This is probably just a grey area since the room I entered after conquering the room was already conquered, otherwise I could restore to the start of this second room. This part is my own stupidity, but the demo not being registered seems like a bug.

-leroy

06-09-2005 at 01:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Demo doesn't register if you restore to room start after conquering a room (without stepping on a checkpoint or entering an unconquered room)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com