Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Jump-to-letter in the holds menu
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
IP: Logged
icon Jump-to-letter in the holds menu (0)  
Seeing as there are billions and billions of holds out there and I have imported most of them for a later point in time when I've become unemployed due to playing DROD too much, I'd like to see a jump-to-letter in the "Change Location" menu. I am sure I am not the only one who changes between holds a lot. Then I'd just have to press "j", and I'd at least be pretty near "Journey to Rooted Hold".

I'd also like to see the "Features Request" board divided up into "Technical Features" and "Content Features", but that's probably just me.

-leroy

06-07-2005 at 10:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Jump-to-letter in the holds menu (0)  
leroy00 wrote:
I'd also like to see the "Features Request" board divided up into "Technical Features" and "Content Features", but that's probably just me.

-leroy

While it would be cool to be able to split the two, splitting the forums would be far too annoying.

06-07-2005 at 10:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
icon Re: Jump-to-letter in the holds menu (+1)  
leroy00 wrote:
Seeing as there are billions and billions of holds out there and I have imported most of them for a later point in time when I've become unemployed due to playing DROD too much, I'd like to see a jump-to-letter in the "Change Location" menu. I am sure I am not the only one who changes between holds a lot. Then I'd just have to press "j", and I'd at least be pretty near "Journey to Rooted Hold".
Thanks to you and others who suggested this. Note there are button hotkeys on this screen, so pressing "C" automatically exits to the menu, etc. So I've added this functionality to the 3.0 engine with a few changes: pressing Ctrl+<first letter> will jump to that item in the list. (Also, Ctrl+<letter> will not activate the letter's corresponding hotkey in 3.0.)

As a bonus, whenever any list box has focus, pressing Ctrl+<first letter> will select that item in the list.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-02-2005 at 04:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Jump-to-letter in the holds menu
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com