Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : My Ideas
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ArchMageOmega
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 9
IP: Logged
icon My Ideas (0)  
Well, mrimer already said that relative motion will be in v3.0, but what about motion relative to the player? (As in move towards/away from player.) It might be easier to implement/use if it were a script command like [Move as... (roach/goblin/etc.)].

Also, what about custom character graphics?

There should also be a flag somewhere that allows a character to count as an enemy (counts towards room completion and allows it to kill the player if it steps on him).

These three together could allow scripters to make a lot of different creatures.

Less important (and I mentioned it elsewhere) you should be able to have a creature clone itself and make the clone begin it's script from a given label.

Another idea. I notice a lot of posts about a new type of tar/mud that would only grow in areas directly connected to the whatever-mother. Instead, it might be easier to make a weaker version of the tar/mud mother that can only grow things connected to it. (For the sake of variety, perhaps it could move around in it's patch of tar-stuff.)

Another possibility might be to have eyes that respond (wake) to any movement instead of just the player. (I can imagine trying to avoid a chain reaction as they start waking each other up.)

Anyway, I'm out of ideas for now.
06-03-2005 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ArchMageOmega
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 9
IP: Logged
icon Re: My Ideas (0)  
I'm in the process of implementing the eyes that wake up to any movement. (So far they wake to the player or any aggressive monster.) They seem like an interesting puzzle element IMHO.

I don't think I'm going to try and implement new scripting commands myself for now, but I might try out some of the other monsters posted here.
06-04-2005 at 08:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : My Ideas
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No