Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : wubba kill
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
IP: Logged

File: CH Confusion 2N Victory.demo (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Other
icon wubba kill (+1)  
in this demo, I killed a wubba with my sword. I think the wubba is a character, not a regular wubba monster.

it's towards the end, so hold down right arrow for a while. when the 4th mother is killed, the wubba is killed shortly after (I didn't mean to kill him, I was just repositioning my sword for more tar)

--

also, I've hit "upload my scores" half a dozen times with a valid caravel key, but only four of the 21 rooms I've beat in this hold have shown up. it's either a network weirdness (I'll try it again tomorrow) or something to do with all the stairs (often when playing a regular hold, when I change levels, it stops auto-sending scores until I hit F6, then it sends a bunch all at once)

05-30-2005 at 06:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
icon Re: wubba kill (0)  
silver wrote:
in this demo, I killed a wubba with my sword. I think the wubba is a character, not a regular wubba monster.
Mmm, so I gather you're saying you shouldn't normally be able to kill wubba characters. That sounds plausible -- I'll make wubba NPCs invulnerable by default, and the Invincibility script command can make them vulnerable if the designer wants to override this.
also, I've hit "upload my scores" half a dozen times with a valid caravel key, but only four of the 21 rooms I've beat in this hold have shown up. it's either a network weirdness (I'll try it again tomorrow) or something to do with all the stairs (often when playing a regular hold, when I change levels, it stops auto-sending scores until I hit F6, then it sends a bunch all at once)
This might be related to this report.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-30-2005 at 06:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
mrimer wrote:
Mmm, so I gather you're saying you shouldn't normally be able to kill wubba characters. That sounds plausible -- I'll make wubba NPCs invulnerable by default, and the Invincibility script command can make them vulnerable if the designer wants to override this.

make sure they make the cute noise, too :) hehe. I love wubbas. so cute.

mrimer wrote:
silver wrote:
This might be related to this report.

it may well be. though the problem was my key had been invalidated by a crash (I wasn't aware the key was broken for a while, the icon in the upper right is easy to miss since my attention is usually down around the news ticker). so it shouldn't ha.. oh, well, you did say it was a bug, so, yah, no doubt related :).

wow. I have 3400+ high scores and a hold my player has authored. the whole export/delete/import "workaround" (including the fact that I want to keep my victory demos - do those automatically go with a player file?) sounds, uh, insanely long.

[Edited by silver at Local Time:05-30-2005 at 04:49 PM]

05-30-2005 at 04:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
silver wrote:
wow. I have 3400+ high scores and a hold my player has authored. the whole export/delete/import "workaround" (including the fact that I want to keep my victory demos - do those automatically go with a player file?) sounds, uh, insanely long.
Eew...I agree :?

05-30-2005 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
silver wrote:
I have 3400+ high scores and a hold my player has authored. the whole export/delete/import "workaround" (including the fact that I want to keep my victory demos - do those automatically go with a player file?) sounds, uh, insanely long.

Victory demos do go with a player file. Which means that they will be preserved when a player is deleted and reimported, but each will need to be verified on the import (!).

I think you can currently force uploads for one particular hold by instead trying:
Export player. Delete hold. Import hold. Import player.
I could be wrong, but I think that will avoid the bulk of both the processing for reimporting the player (since all info for other holds is still in the DB) and the processing for uploading holds.
05-30-2005 at 05:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
schep wrote:
I think you can currently force uploads for one particular hold by instead trying:
Export player. Delete hold. Import hold. Import player.
I could be wrong, but I think that will avoid the bulk of both the processing for reimporting the player (since all info for other holds is still in the DB) and the processing for uploading holds.
Nope...unfortunately, in JtRH, no record of submitted demos is exported to a player file. This will be fixed in TCB. For now, I think the only way to get scores for these rooms up will be to reconquer the rooms. :( (Alternately, importing an upgraded version of the hold would allow the hold demo scores to be uploaded again, but I don't think that's an option here...)

05-30-2005 at 05:12 PM
silver
I was thinking something like (now that upload scores is pausable): checking the "force upload of every score" box and then pushing the upload the scores button :)

05-30-2005 at 05:16 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : wubba kill
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com