Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Statues? (I have a feeling I'm about to be made to look stupid.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TheEdge
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Statues? (0)  
G'day,

I've been playing around with the editor a bit lately... yet I can't figure out for the life of me how I add certain things. For example, the large statue type things, and the desks that you sometimes see NPCs sitting at. Are these added with an Image Floor tile, or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Stu
05-29-2005 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Statues? (+1)  
You could have found this information by pressing F1 in editor.

You can scroll the obstacle list with Q and W (or mouse scroll) if you have the rock selected.
05-29-2005 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Statues? (+1)  
To add large versions of statues or obstacles, simply go to the objects tab (the second one), and after selecting your preferred type of obstacle, (rotate the tool by pressing Q, W or the middle mouse button to change it), drag it over an area. The obstacles will then group and resize themselves to form their larger counterparts, starting from the top-left corner.

The list of sizes are (from the help file):

Rocks - 1*1, 2*2 and 3*3.
Plants - 1*1 and 2*2
Houses/Dwellings - 1*1, 3*3 and 5*5
Piles of Skulls/Rocks - 1*1 and 2*2
Statues - 1*1, 2*2 and 4*4
Desk - 1*1 and 3*3.

05-29-2005 at 07:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TheEdge
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: Statues? (0)  
Doom wrote:
You could have found this information by pressing F1 in editor.

You can scroll the obstacle list with Q and W (or mouse scroll) if you have the rock selected.

Ah, sorry. I did look through the help, but I didn't see any mention of there being multiple panes of obstacles.

Thanks for your help.
05-29-2005 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
To be fair, the description of which sizes correspond to which obstacles was only added to the help file in 2.0.7. But the description of how to toggle between them with Q and W should have been there before.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-29-2005 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Oneiromancer wrote:
To be fair, the description of which sizes correspond to which obstacles was only added to the help file in 2.0.7. But the description of how to toggle between them with Q and W should have been there before.

Game on,

It should have, but it wasn't.

05-31-2005 at 04:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Statues? (I have a feeling I'm about to be made to look stupid.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com