Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Wubba Queen (Oh, such a cute white blob... wait ! What the heck ? Now there are 4 !)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
IP: Logged
icon Wubba Queen (0)  
Yes, the wubba queen is quite similar to the roach queen. It will have inversed wubba behavior and will spawn wubbas on free fields. I dunno if the wubba queen should be killable or not, but I tend to an unkillable version.
05-28-2005 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Wubba Queen (0)  
Wubba queens have to be killable by swords, or else there'd be no logical reason for them to run away.
05-28-2005 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: Wubba Queen (+1)  
They might run away because they're ticklish...

Hmmm. Brained wubba queens :P
05-29-2005 at 01:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
Now they really would be like trib...

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-30-2005 at 05:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
b0rsuk wrote:
I don't like this idea.

Wubba Queen would spawn up to 8 indestructible monsters per spawn cycle.

And your job is to prevent her from doing so ! However a Wubba Queen would be interesting as a timer that dosent make the failure sure if your slow but is also more dangerous than a roach queen (In thigt spaces)
05-30-2005 at 05:06 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Wubba Queen (+1)  
I like that fact that few things spawn. The game has a nice simplicity where you know "blobs grow, roaches have queens, wraithwings are chicken, goblins know swords, snakes don't hit diagonals, wubbas don't die, golems make rocks when they die, etc" but don't have weird combo effects to think of.

05-30-2005 at 05:12 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
b0rsuk wrote:
I don't like this idea.

Wubba Queen would spawn up to 8 indestructible monsters per spawn cycle.

And your job is to prevent her from doing so ! However a Wubba Queen would be interesting as a timer that dosent make the failure sure if your slow but is also more dangerous than a roach queen (In thigt spaces)

There are already a ton of ways to implement timers in DROD - we don't need a new one. And in 99% of room designs, failure would either be made sure by the timer anyway or the timer would be irrelevant.

I'm with Silver here.

05-30-2005 at 05:26 PM
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
I'm sure we'd all love the movement order problems that Wubba Queens would attract. I really can't wait. Making them random and invisible won't make things much worse.

With tar, if you take few seconds to examine it, you can always predict how will it grow.

- B0rsuk the DooM prophet

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
05-31-2005 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Wubba Queen (Oh, such a cute white blob... wait ! What the heck ? Now there are 4 !)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com