Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : Entrance (sequence)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
pecan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : Entrance (0)  
Please will someone just spoil it for me and give me the sequence?

Catherine

05-25-2005 at 03:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ostegolectr1c
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 116
icon Re: Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : Entrance (0)  
yeah, i really need help on this room too. i've read all scrolls, wrote them down, trying to figure out the sequence and i end up with the second door (from left to right) closed on the final tar row.

i think the sequnce is
Click here to view the secret text
but it's not.

06-03-2005 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 864
That's almost right, assuming that you read "4 2 1 3" as "Strike the left orb fourth, the next orb second, ... and the right orb third", not "Strike the fourth orb, then the second orb, ... and finally the third".

The only hint it doesn't fit is the one in Once West (which I don't have exactly written down). Note that the leftmost orb and rightmost orb are on white squares.
06-04-2005 at 02:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ostegolectr1c
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 116
phew! got it! thanks for help :D

06-04-2005 at 10:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1908
I would love the solution for the orb order. Great dungeon, but I'd prefer to go on to the ninth level. If you'd be willing to tell me but not post a spoiler, PM would be fine with me.
08-01-2005 at 01:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
porcorosso
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
Well I had a similar problem to the above, and thanks to the hints I figured out that it was to do with the version I was playing (JRTH) being newer than the dungeon's one .... :lol
It was also Encoraging to find out that even the legendary Larry Murk had a problem with this one. Well , time to go on and finish this hold !
04-03-2007 at 07:41 PM
starwed
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 49
You only need the very first hint to solve this one. (As long as you can see how the orbs affect the gates.) Then:

[Last edited by starwed at 04-04-2007 11:28 AM]
04-04-2007 at 11:26 AM
subkel
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
schep wrote:
Note that the leftmost orb and rightmost orb are on white squares.

but they aren't

Spoiler:

[Last edited by subkel at 04-29-2008 02:02 AM]
04-29-2008 at 12:56 AM
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3117
icon Re: Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : Entrance (+1)  
subkel wrote:
schep wrote:
Note that the leftmost orb and rightmost orb are on white squares.

but they aren't

Note that you're replying to a post dated in 2005, and that Phil's Dungeon is an Architect's Edition hold.

This level is built with the Sanctum style in AE, which maps to the Fortress style when imported into TCB. However, this ends up reversing the colors: so while in AE they were on white tiles, in TCB, they are on black tiles. And in JtRH (which was recently released at the time of schep's post), the room is displayed using the Iceworks style - and although it looks *really* different in that style, the light and dark color configuration is preserved.

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 04-29-2008 02:18 AM]
04-29-2008 at 02:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
I had an issue with the white/blue square clue as well. I'm playing using the AE mod, so I'm not sure if something else got changed along the way.

Anyway, to make the square colour hint accurate regardless of what tileset you are on, the 1W clue can be reworded as follows without spoiling the rest of the puzzle:

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 12-10-2017 12:23 PM]
12-10-2017 at 12:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : Entrance (sequence)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com